Chapter 69: Trying Not To Love You.

It’s been a couple days since Peasnie played her first venue, it went swimmingly. When we got home we celebrated her birthday with cake and presents. She and Phil was all lovey dovey the entire time. So being the amazing dad that I am I sat right in between them and made sure they weren’t alone, ever. Luckily Sundays are where we as a family spend time together, no friends and certainly no boys. Man, I was glad for that. I’m fine if Dan, Chris, PJ or Benji were to visit but if Phil were to come over I’d have a little bit of a problem. It’s not that I don’t like him. I like the fact that he’s Peasnie’s best friend but as soon as he becomes more than that there is a huge problem. Bailey says that’s just me being over protective. She asked me what would happen to me if Alfie started dating. I said ‘I don’t need to worry because Alfie will stay a baby forever.’ Knowing that wasn’t true hurt my feelings badly.

Anyway today has been busy mainly because Bailey had to leave for work early this morning, like before I woke the kids up for school. So this morning I had to do everything by myself. I had to cook, clean, get Peasnie and Kier up for school. Luckily Kier had a bath the night before so I didn’t need to worry about him bathing. Peasnie had to have a shower. By the time they were properly ready for school I got Alfie up, changed her, and got her dressed, and fed all of them, made sure Peasnie and Kier had everything and approved of their out fits.

Peasnie wore an Iron Maiden tee shirt under a green men’s button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and some jeans and sneakers. Kier had on jeans and a graphic tee shirt with converse. And finally Alfie had on onesies with a pair of jeans over top and little sandals. I wore shorts and a tee shirt. I made sure everything was off and then it was off to the races before doing the shopping with Alfie. Seeing off Peasnie first and then Kier. Alfie sat in the back seat and said Good-Bye to her brother and sister.

She sang her little heart out in the back seat to the radio and then she played patty cake in the cart in the store. Alfie reminded me so much of Bailey mixed with Peasnie. She looked like Peasnie and she could master Bailey’s facial expressions. Bailey left a shopping list for me to obey by so no junk food.

I sighed as I grabbed a thing of grapes and put them in the cart but before I did that I showed the green seedless fruit to Alfie. She hit the package and laughed happily as I showed her the label.

“Can you say grapes? Grapes, c’mon you can say it. Grrr-apes.” I tried to teach her the word but instead she just stared at me, chewing on her fingers like the normal toddler she is. I put the grapes into the cart and gave her a blank look.

“No, you don’t want to say grapes?” I asked curiously. She shook her head at me and giggled. Pressing on I moved to the part with the strawberries and blueberries. Both times I tried to get her to say either or. No luck whatsoever. I even tried to get her to say croissant, just in case she’s French. She’s not. How cool would it have been if she was though? I’d have been jumping around like an idiot before I called Bailey screaming SHE’S FRENCH!!! But she’s not so I didn’t get to do that.

After getting most of the shopping done Alfie started getting fussy in the cart and she was making the motion for she’s thirsty.

“Do you want juice?” I asked. I could see the wheels turning in her head, her mouth made the shape for speaking.

“Juuuuse.” Alfie drew out the word long than she needed too but I jumped for joy in the middle of the store because after a year and a half she said her first words.  I smiled widely and kissed the top of her head with pride.

“Yes juice.” I said and pulled her sippy cup from the baby bag that I had to carry with me. She took it from my hands and plugged it into her mouth happily as I trotted down the isles getting the rest of the shopping done. I went to the check out, pushing a very excited Alfie along. She sucked on her sippy cup as I talked to her about our day ahead. Today we need to go get the dry cleaning; I need to take Alfie to the Doctors. We need to go get Kier and take him to the learning center after school and then we come home make dinner, do homework, make sure Kier and Alfie have a bath, and then finally bed time for the two little ones.