Chapter 100: Tell You a Story, It Happened Long Time Ago.

After the free show we went and signed some autographs, we were told how awesome the new songs were which was pleasing to hear. After that everybody went to the restaurant for dinner. It was nice even though there was an unsettled feeling hanging in the air, knowing that these are the last few hours as a complete family. It was tough to know that in thirty-six hours we were going to be saying Good-Bye to someone we all raised from infancy. Every last person that was sitting around that table has been the biggest help in raising Peasnie. After dinner we all went home, did Peasnie final load of laundry and helped her pack the last of her things. I disassembled her bed so now there was just a mattress and a couple pillows and quilts. I took apart her dresser and put it in the attic. We all went to bed soon after that only to wake up early for a radio show. Most of the day was spent at the station or in Peasnie’s room helping her pack up the very last few things. We had dinner again, it was quiet. It was like an uncertain doom hung over my head. Now I was helping Peasnie put her things into the truck. Little did she know, I snuck a pair of my oldest drum sticks into one of her bags when she wasn’t looking? She’ll be happily surprised when she sees them.

“Is that the last suit case?” I asked Peasnie as we piled her things into the back of my truck. The words almost didn’t seem real to me, I couldn’t believe it. In fifteen short hours I’m going to be saying Good-Bye to my first born. The thought made butterflies flutter in my stomach and my heart do back flips. I looked over at Peasnie carefully, she seemed distanced from everything today. It worried me that maybe she’s having second thoughts about going at the last minute. Peasnie nodded carefully. We just finished loading all her suit cases into the back of my truck.

“Are you changing your clothes for the plane?” I asked curiously. Her blue eyes wandered up to mine and she shook her head. It was annoying me that she was scared now that it’s real. Of course it’s real; she’s wanted this since January. She can’t back down now.

“Alright kiddo, what’s the deal?” I said leaning against the truck with my arms folded over my chest. She slid her hands into her jean pockets and shrugged slightly.

“I’m just scared out of my damn mind for tomorrow.” She said softly. I nodded at her, how am I going to convince her that being terrified is normal. If it means alot to you and you’re risking alot with it then of course you’re going to be scared out of your mind.

“Peasnie, do you remember when the band first started out? How when Matt called me and told me the news I was excited and scared because I had so much going on this?” I asked trying to make her remember that day. She nodded slightly and looked at me through her blonde bangs.

“Would I be here today if I hadn’t sucked it up and gone with it even though I was terrified?” I demanded. She shook her head slightly.

“No, I guess not.” Peasnie mumbled. I looked down at her, putting my hand on her shoulder. I comforted her kindly like a good parent does.

“I believe you can get on that plane and go make something of yourself.” I told her bluntly. She needed a kick in the ass to go out there and do well in life, just like I did. I got kicked out of the house and that was my kick in the ass to go and do well in life. If I hadn’t had that kick in the ass then who knows where we’d be? Who knows how I’d turned out? Last time it was for Peasnie that I made it large because of the pain I felt, the gap in my heart was filled with music and work but now I play for my kids because they inspire me to no end, the things they do, the things they say; it all adds up in the end. I guess destiny is in your hands. Your life isn’t some prewritten book, you need to write it. It doesn’t mean you have control, it just means you chose how to end the story. You can tear it up and re-write it but there is only ever one ending and what you do at the beginning of the book justifies how it’ll all end.