Chapter 98: Someone to Face the Day With.

Having a family is one of the best things that can happen to a person but some families aren’t built to last, luckily mine was. It’s been one hell of a ride and we’ve been shaken more than Bond’s Martini. But I can honestly say after everything we’ve been through we’re still happy. Our sixth wedding anniversary is coming up but our seventeenth relationship anniversary is also. I’ve been with one woman for the last seventeen years; I’ve woken up to this face every morning and faced the day with her. She means the world to me because she’s put up with everything. She’s never left my side, when I need her she’s there. I’ve had two children with her and that’s about to double. I remember the day we got married, I was so nervous.

It felt like my stomach was about to explode with butterflies and my heart was beating like a humming bird in my throat. Standing looking at me in the mirror was like seeing something very foreign. I didn’t look like me but I did. I fiddled with the tie until it stopped being crooked or lopsided. It sat perfectly under the black collar of my crest black dress shirt. I had the buttons at the end of the sleeves done up as I mucked around with the tie. Almost all my tattoos were covered, apart from the hand cuffs on my neck and the word bumble bee on my thumb. I added Kier’s name to the mix shortly after he was born but I got it done just below my ear and above the hand cuffs. So now just under my ear it says Kier William Sullivan. I had my hair all nicely combed but still fitted to my style.

Today was the day I’m getting married and hopefully this time my bride doesn’t run off. I was even more so anxious to get this over and done with now than last time. But then again I was only nineteen back then and now I’m twenty-six. When you’re a teen you don’t see the bigger picture but when you’re a musician, father and soon to be husband you need too. I know that there were a couple times when I didn’t see the big picture and I nearly lost someone I loved dearly. That close call made my eyes widen to see everything, the people around me were in pain and I wasn’t doing anything about it. I was a failure but I refuse to fail again. I’m ready to catch anybody who falls.

It’s been a couple weeks since the All Excess interviews and release. Since then we’ve done with videos for Beast and the Harlot, Bat Country, Unholy Confessions and Seize the Day and the making of and deleted scenes are on there. I’m glad on day two of making Seize the Day I didn’t bring Kier or Peasnie; they don’t need to see their Godfather get nude in front of a bunch of grown men who were hollering at him. Hell I didn’t need to see that but I saw it. It wasn’t supposed to happen but sometimes shit happens.

Peasnie’s started going to this support group for self-harm. I told her she didn’t need to go but she wanted to try and get better without pills. To say I was proud would be a major understatement. I remember it like it clearly. That was a hard evening for the both of us. I didn’t go home; I just went to the bar down the street and had an iced tea while watching the game for the three hours she was there. It’s also been a little while since Kier’s testing and meetings. Those went swell. The teachers have their heads so far up their own asses it was unbelievable. And since Bailey had to work that day I took him and had the meeting. Turns out he does have a case of dyslexia and they suggested we pull him out of school and enroll him into a special needs school. They suggested that because that school doesn’t provide the appropriate teachers for kids with ‘special needs’. Kier was so heartbroken about it, the entire way home he kept saying he was sorry for being a retard. I demanded him to tell me who called him stupid, turns out some of the kids have been making rude comments to him; calling him stupid, idiot, and retard. The older kids call him dumb-ass, Kier the queer and a whole lot more. I was appalled by this. And then when I confronted the parents about it they had the nerve to say maybe I should’ve raised a smarter kid. I told them it’s not Kier’s fault for having dyslexia; it’s their fault for raising little shits. Having to tell Kier that he was no longer going to that school was tough because even though there were tons of bullies, he did have friends. That was a tough moment to get by but I got him through it. He still refers to himself as stupid or dumb or a retard. The other kids on the street won’t play with him so instead he sits in his room and draws or paints. He’s even taken up playing the piano. I’m teaching him in my spare time.