Chapter 1: Saving Peasnie.

HEY! I'm finally uploading the FIRST OFFICIAL chapter!!! Woot! Anyways since I'm like 5 days past my due date on this I'll upload twice. Enjoy!!

~Kat.

Chapter 1: Saving Peasnie.

Its Peasnie’s first birthday and I know today is the day Rosie takes her away from me but that’s not gonna happen this time around. No way in hell, over my dead body. Zack’s older brother has agreed to take me to Rosie’s with the guys then come pick us up afterwards. I’m not leaving Peasnie with Rosie alone. I’m not letting Peasnie leave again. I knew I was awake but I didn’t want to get up, I wanted another hour of sleep before I started my day but I could hear Peasnie in her crib playing with her toys and toddling around. I opened one eye to see her standing up looking at me in her Whinneh the Phooh onesies, her pink pacifier plugged into her mouth as she stared at me, she looked tired still with tiny racoon eyes ringing around her big blue eyes. Her blonde hair was messy and all over the place. I sighed and looked at the clock since I can’t depend on looking out the window. It was March so it’s probably still dark out. I groaned when the clock read ‘6:23 am’. I pulled the blanket above my head and groaned.

“Peasnie! Go back to sleep.” I demanded tiredly. I ignored her cooing and tried to get back to sleep. I felt something hit my blanket which made me uncover my head and examine the top of my blanket. I picked up a teddy bear that used to be in Peasnie’s bed but now it’s in mine. I waved the white teddy bear at her.

“You’re not getting this back,” I told her sullenly. “Go back to sleep baby.” I added and snuggled with the teddy bear only to have a hard plastic thing hit me in the head. My hand applied pressure on the throbbing pain as I sat up to see a bottle on my pillows. I looked at Peasnie and frowned.

“What the hell dude? I thought we agreed, Saturdays I get to sleep until 8?!” I exclaimed at her with a tired tone. She giggled and fell onto her butt in her bed. I was now wide awake which is just what she damn well wanted. I sighed and got out of bed to see her lying down in her bed looking up at me tiredly. I chuckled and picked up the heavy one year old.

“Happy birthday sweetie.” I told her softly as she rested her head against my shoulder. Her tiny arms dangled over my shoulders, gripping onto my shirt tightly. I placed her onto my bed and got her ready for the day by giving her a quick bath, well a shower. Well actually to be perfectly honest it was my shower, she just sat in her bath tub chair at my feet. I needed to shower and she needed to bathe so it’s a win, win situation. I don’t think it’s too bad what I did. I mean like its saving water and it’s not like she knew any parts, under the age of two is an acceptable age for you to bathe with a child anything over that is wrong. People might think what I’ve been doing is wrong and that’s fine because that’s their parenting, not mine. Anyways I washed her hair and body and gave myself a good scrubbing before we both dried off and got dressed. 

I stood in the kitchen that early morning while Peasnie was sat in her high chair with a huge smile on her face, she already has seven teeth. Her dark hair was lightening into a blonde; her curly chair was put into little pig tails. She sat in her little pink overalls with a white long sleeved shirt underneath. She smiled a toothy smile at me as I sipped my coffee with the phone pressed against my ear. She’s getting so big; it’s remarkable that she’s not in preschool yet. Well she will be when she’s 3 but until then she’s my little monster to take care of.

“Are you sure you don’t mind? I can tell my friends to take a hike for today.” I told Jenny, Rosie’s mom over the phone. She laughed happily at my remark.

“No, it’s fine. Its better she has all her family around her on her birthday.” Jenny stated smartly which made me smile. In a way Jenny was right, it’s better for Peasnie to not have to split her birthdays, holidays are different. She spends Christmas Eve with Jenny and Rosie while she spends Christmas with me and my family. New Years she usually spends the day with me and New Years Eve with Rosie.