Chapter 13: I Hate This Part.

Hey guys! This chapter is a Sandy Hook Tribute Chapter so enjoy. -Kat. C

Chapter 14: I Hate This Part.

I squinted my eyes at the calendar that hung on the fridge that late morning. I’d already sent Peasnie away for school and I have the day off surprisingly. I don’t really work at the store anymore but when they call me in I do go and I do get paid very well. Something in my head kept sending alarm bells ringing as I stared at the date on the calendar. Something happened today in my last life but what? What the hell happened? Whatever happened didn’t want me to send Peasnie away today; I wanted to keep her home so I can keep an eye on her. I tried to convince her to stay home but that kid enjoys school way too much. What the hell do they put in the water there? They’re obviously drugging or brainwashing these poor, innocent souls into actually liking school. Poor kids, never know what it’s like to dislike school; yet again its kindergarten so how bad can it be? I bit my lip and tried to think of the event.

“What happened today that is so damn important that it’s setting alarms off in my head?” I asked no one. September 10th, what’s so important today? What ever it is, it’s making my stomach lurch, my heart beat fast, my palms and forehead sweaty, my hands were shaky and my knees were weak. It wasn’t a nice feeling. I feel like there is no hope, like if I don’t do something now something bad, very, very bad will happen. I sighed and made my way into the living room with my hot mug in my sweaty hands. I gripped it tightly and walked carefully. The extremely sunny morning was nice; the A/C in the apartment was cranked so even in the sun light I had Goosebumps. I wore a pair of black slacks and a grey tee shirt. I had been packing for tour which we’re leaving for next weekend.

I sat down on the couch with a heavy sigh. This morning has been eventful. I woke up at six made Peasnie’s breakfast while she had a shower and got cleaned. I helped her braid her hair before blow drying it so when I took the braid out her long dirty blonde hair was wavy and sweet. She got dressed and had breakfast, finishing up whatever homework she ‘forgot’ to do last night. Then I sent her off to the bus stop just after eight. Then I needed to go do her laundry completely forgetting my dirty clothes but that doesn’t matter as long as her clothes are clean. As soon as they finished drying downstairs I brought them up and ironed her shirts and dress pants since some days she likes wearing them. I ironed her dress shirts and skirts before folding all the laundry and putting it away. I vacuumed the carpets and cleaned up her toys. I scrubbed the bath tub and mopped the wood floors. I made the bed and did whatever else needed to be done like making the grocery list and shit.

My stomach dropped when I turned the TV on and immediately I saw the title ‘BREAKING NEWS’. The anchor lady was standing in front of Peasnie’s school while there were police and SWAT surrounding it. I instantly watched my world just drop into billions of tiny pieces. The grey mug slipped from my hand and smashed against the floor, sending hot coffee and shards of glass sailing in all directions. Alice; the anchor lady stood there with her wide green eyes trying not to reflect the horror she’s witnessing, her blonde hair was shoulder length, it stood out against her red dress suit. She held the microphone as she looked at the camera.

“A horrifying event is taking place at St Christopher’s Elementary School as a heavily armed gunman as taken a kindergarten class hostage, there has been no further news on what is happening inside but we pray that there is no gun fire.” Alice stated with a shaky tone but she adjusted it instantly. My heart stopped as I jumped up from the couch, flying out the door and down the back stairs. The cell phone was tight in my hands as I ran through the Laundromat.  My heart was pounding in my throat while my stomach had fallen into my ass; the sun beat me up badly as I just ran from the High Streets to the Suburban area. Which in itself is a twenty minute drive but I think I cleared it within thirty minutes. As soon as I spotted the police cars and the SWAT vans I knew it wasn’t just a dream but a reality. I know that a bunch of kids got killed today and since I’ve already changed things Peasnie could possibly be one of them, the thought of losing Peasnie this way made every thing in my stomach splatter across the earth floor. The thought of saving my daughter from a bad life just to lose her this way just made me sick. I couldn’t contain the pain, tears flowed down my face as I wiped my mouth and made my way to the already heavily populated ‘Do Not Cross’ barriers. I managed to squeeze my way to the front where the guys were, they were standing there in complete awe. As soon as Bailey caught sight of me her arms clung around me and she buried her face into my chest. I hugged her tightly as well. I looked at Brian sympathetically.