Chapter 23: My Heart's always With You Now.

Chapter 23: My Heart’s always With You Now.

 “C’mon Jimmy, admit it. You hate the fact that you love me. So let’s mess around for old time’s sake.” She smoothly spoke up at me. My heart was racing inside my chest as icy blasts kept running up and down my back. I didn’t want to admit it because there is nothing to admit. I don’t love Rosie Samantha Jones. I love Bailey Violet Hale. And I refuse to sleep with another woman on the day of my wedding. No, there is no way in hell. My heart filled with pain, deep inside, a place where only one person can share with me. And that’s when it happened. The sound will forever haunt me. Rosie let go of me and backed off when the back door opened and everybody flooded into the house with the news that would ruin my life forever. I died with crimson eyes as the words shattered me into pieces. My knees became weak as my heart stopped. Tears filled my eyes. I felt my lower lip quiver as I shook my head in denial.

“No, she couldn’t have left.” I managed to speak with a strong steady voice.

“Jimmy we left her alone for five minutes and when we got back she was gone. She left you this though.” Val said as she handed me an envelope with my name spiraled across it. I didn’t want to open it mainly because my heart was already broken. I couldn’t. I took the envelope from Val. My fingers crumpled the envelope tightly in my grasp. Tears were able to stream down my face as my entire world came to a halt. How could she have done this to us? She knows that today was the happiest day of our lives and she left. I felt betrayed and hurt. There are so many questions running through my head right now, I can barely think of just one.

“Why?” I asked in a small vulnerable voice. I felt small and vulnerable right now. I just wanted Bailey back. Val has been like a sister to me, she’s my best friend. She never holds anything back as if I need to know something. And right now I know she’s telling the truth as she stood there in her bride’s maid’s dress and shook her head, her shoulder length blonde hair swayed slightly.

“No.” I managed to squeak sadly. I shook my head in denial as I stormed my way to the bedroom Bailey and I shared. My heart shattered even more as I looked around to see Bailey’s clothes were gone, her things were gone and there was no trace of her anywhere. My breathing became deep and quick as I struggled with each breath. I went into the living room where everyone was looking at me with saddened eyes. Peasnie came forward from the crowd of people with a small frown. She didn’t say a word; she just came up to me and gave me a tight hug. She gave me something I needed, reassurance. I couldn’t believe I went from being on top of the world to having nothing. That’s not entirely true though, I have my family. I guess I am destined to be a single dad, to have no love. I guess I’m not supposed to get married and live happily ever after.

The rest of the day was canceling the wedding and everything. But there was something that nagged at my mind, why did she leave? There was no reason for her to leave so why did she? After I got off the phone with the last person I sat at the foot of my bed with sore and swollen eyes. My mind was so full it was drawing a complete blank. Val and the guys were taking care of Peasnie even though Peasnie refused to leave my side. Rosie left soon after that which lifted the air slightly. I lay on the bed tiredly, my eyes were so sore they were heavy. My mind drifted into something, a memory.

I sat at the ocean view table on the balcony of the Grey Gull; the balcony had a view of the mile long beaches that were filled with star dust like sand that glowed in the orange evening sun. We were the only people on the balcony since its Friday evening mostly everyone is downstairs in the bar and on the downstairs balcony. The sky was stripped with various colours; most of the sky behind us was a deepening blue that became lighter as it got closer to the sun, it turned into purple then a purplish-red, then red going into orange then finally on the horizon it was yellow. The water danced below, it sang its rhythmic song as it pranced onto the shore before fleeing. The air was overly warm but it was cooling.