Chapter 91: Trial by Error.

It’s been a couple weeks again, now it’s time for getting ready for summer and graduations. Kier’s graduating from eighth grade and Peasnie is graduating High School. She’s stressing over so many things it’s unbelievable. She has to stress over her final grades, exam grades, school work, work in London, moving, plane tickets, visas, prom, graduation, birthdays; it’s all too much for her to handle and it pains me to see her so stressed out she’s crying. So today I promised her I was going to take her prom dress shopping along with the shoes and purse. But I didn’t want to go alone so I invited the guys. Bailey, Val, Michelle and Lindsey have faith in us that we won’t turn down every dress that makes Peasnie look like a young woman. They’re right; we will be making sure it has modesty that means no cleavage and no upper thigh showing. It’s not going to be short or revealing, it’s going to be a proper fitting dress that is floor length and neck high.

“Dad, we’ve been to nine dress shops I don’t think there’s anything that goes by everything on your list.” Peasnie groaned at me sitting on the white couch that was placed in front of the dressing rooms. I skimmed through the racks along with Matt and Brian. I ignored her comment, knowing it’s just a way for her to try and get her own way.

“What’s your size again, kiddo?” Matt asked looking at a dress tag.

“Size four.” She bluntly muttered back to him. Matt grumbled and skipped the dress he was looking at. Peasnie was right, this was the ninth dress shop we’ve been too and so far, Peasnie’s seen a bunch of dresses that go with Phil’s suit that she helped him pick out. Johnny and Zack actually picked some dresses that were mature but still modest; I didn’t like them because they either revealed too much leg or too much boob. Peasnie kept reminding me that tonight was prom and she absolutely needed a dress.

“Okay, how ‘bout this. You guys pick all the dresses you like together and I’ll pick the dresses that I like and I try them on and you see weather or not it meets your standards.” Peasnie said standing up. As much as I knew this wasn’t going to end the way I want it too, I had to let her choose her dresses and then hopefully we’ll meet in the middle. I picked up three dresses that meet a few of my standards, one was a slick blue floor length slimming dress that didn’t show off any cleavage and it had thick blue straps, another one was a black knee length dress that had a black bow on it, like the blue one it had thick straps and showed no cleavage. The last one was a gold slimming dress that came up to her neck but dipped down in the back slightly and it was floor length. I liked them. But there was one more that I liked that even surprised me. I didn’t think I would like this but it’s a nice dress. I left it there after eyeing it up carefully.

I brought them over to the couch and set them down. Peasnie took the ones Johnny chose for her first, she skipped into the changing rooms with four dresses. I looked at Johnny as we waited for her to change.

“You better not have given her a dress that’ll make her look like a street walker.” I warned him. He shook his head at me and sighed.

“Don’t worry, it’s a nice dress.” Johnny said proud of himself. I just had to sit back and see what his fashion choices were like towards me daughter. Peasnie came out wearing a red knee high dress that had only one strap. It was tight fitting and showed the top of her breasts. It ruffled up the sides until it hit the thick black belt that was on her waist. I felt uncomfortable looking at her. She bit her lip and looked at all of us before looking down.

“I don’t think this is the one.” She said. We all looked at Johnny to see what the hell he was thinking when he picked this one. He looked at us carefully.

“It looked nice on the rack.” He made his excuse. Peasnie shook her head.

“This’ll be nice for someone but not me.” She said trying to be grateful. We all agreed and she went back to get changed. She went through all of Johnny’s and Brian’s before even considering liking a dress. Johnny made her look like a thirteen year old girl and Brian made her look like an old woman. I gave her, Zack’s stack of two dresses all I knew was one was yellow and the other was blue. And neither were the one for Peasnie even when she tried them on. Matt’s stack of five was next. We’ve all agreed that red is a nice colour but not a very good colour for this event. He gave her a nice fairy like black dress that had sparkles on it but it wasn’t the one. We’ve been sitting here for the past hour and so far we’ve gotten nowhere. Peasnie was trying on the dresses I chose for her and I could hear her complaining about how plain they were. Sadly none of my dresses looked right on her until she came out wearing the one that I was eyeing up. She must’ve seen me eyeing it up and picked it up. It was a purple dress that had the ballerina style bottom and a corset top, it showed off her upper thigh and cleavage and all of her back. This dress should make me feel uncomfortable but it’s not. She looked really pretty in it and the guys must’ve agreed ‘cause they straightened up when she came out.