Chapter 97: Putting Out.

Okay so these last two chapters have been from Bailey's POV mainly because I wanted to show her view on things. The next chapter should be Jimmy's POV again. Anyways enjoy. 

~Kat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 97: Putting Out.

Bailey

1999.

Sitting up in my room that night, Luca went back to her apartment in Long Beach which leaves me at home with two drunken parents.

The week has gone by painfully slow especially since I’ve practically ignored Jimmy the whole time. I don’t wait for him in the morning when going to school; I ride my bike instead of the bus. I sit at the front of the class where he doesn’t. I don’t talk to him or even make eye contact with him. I know he stares at me during class but I give him the cold shoulder. I didn’t want to have to face the awkwardness of what happened.

I sat at my desk doing math homework on a Friday night. I could hear my parents arguing over my mom’s ‘interesting’ ways and my dad was being blamed for cheating first. They were both intoxicated and furious. I felt my head throb as I heard glass break. I wished I was somewhere else, I wish I was with Jimmy. He’s a safe person. I wished with all my heart that all this would end. I wish we didn’t get into that argument about him getting into that fight. I knew he was only doing it to protect Peasnie’s name but he did it because his ego got in the way. Yes I’m very angry that he did it and I don’t want to talk to him right now but I do miss him dearly.

My door was locked so they couldn’t come in here. Just because I can’t see them doesn’t mean I’m not scared. My mom threatened him with a divorce and he said if that happened he’d get us. I’m scared out of my mind because I don’t want my parents to split up, they’re really good together.

I felt the tears fall down my face as they argued into the early morning hours, long after I’d given up on my homework and tried to go to bed. I lay in my bed with the blankets up by my shoulders. My window opened to let in the night’s air.

I jumped when there was a huge banging on my door. I didn’t want to open up but my dad would break it down if I didn’t.

“Bailey, hunny, open up for daddy!” My dad drunkenly called to me. Even more tears fell from my eyes as I knew that I was his last resort. I loved my dad but when he got like this he scared the hell out of me. I sat in the bed in a Metallica tee shirt and my underwear. He banged on the door some more before trying the door knob again.

Panic set in and before I knew it I had climbed out the window and jumped onto the car’s roof and onto the hard concrete, shock waves ran up my bare feet and legs painfully. I didn’t care that I was practically naked, I was scared.

My legs quickly carried me to the apartment building on the Main Street. I stayed off the main roads where I could be seen by many other people, the street lights masking my movements as I booked it across the road. I knew Peasnie was with Jimmy’s parents for the week. I didn’t use the buzzer I just went up the back stairs to the door.  I hammered on the front door with my open palms, the porch light flipped on and Jimmy answered the door in his boxer shorts and his hair was a mess, I didn’t care if I’d just woken him up. I fell into him, my arms wrapped around his neck loosely as we stumbled into the apartment. He closed the door and sat me down on the couch and tried to calm me down but I couldn’t calm down. I was sobbing loudly as my chest rose and fell quickly. His icy blue eyes searched me over quickly making sure I wasn’t hurt.