Chapter 96: Dumbass.

Chapter 96: Dumbass.

Bailey.

1996.

I groaned loudly as my alarm buzzed on my nightstand. I sighed and pressed ‘snooze’. I didn’t want to get up for school but I knew I had too. Last night I set out everything for today, my rucksack had my binder with paper, pens, pencils everything. My mitt and ball were in there too because I’m going to Jimmy’s to throw the ball around after school and this time he’s not taking his eyes off the ball. But I had everything I need for school; my wallet was in my bag as well.

I sank my body deeper into the bed for a moment until my bedroom door went flying open and the loudest of stampedes came running into my room. The loud, heavy foot steps ran towards me, before I had time to react a large body landed on mine making me grunt loudly. My heart beating fast against my ribs, I looked over the pile of blankets to see my older sister sprawled across me with a goofy grin on her face. I jumped up at hugged her tightly.

“Luca!” I screamed loudly. She laughed and hugged me back briefly before pushing me away from her.

“Hey baby sis.” She chanted loudly. I haven’t seen Luca since he left for Northern California when I was fourteen. She’s changed tons, her hair has grown out a lot now it’s a big black mop on her head and she’s matured facially. She was much taller and bulkier. And alot heavier for a skinny girl.

“When did you get here?” I asked her at the breakfast table after I’d gotten dressed and ready for my first day at a new school. I wore my Red Sox baseball jersey with a grey tight long sleeve shirt underneath, my jeans were tight and my hair was up in a pony tail under my cap. I munched on some toast with jam on it and watched him carefully.

“I got here like a half hour before you got up. I visited with mom and dad just after they woke up and we had a nice chat then I heard your alarm go off so I thought I’d surprise you.”She said happily. I couldn’t stop smiling, I was so happy my sister was here. I’ve missed her so much; not seeing your sister for nearly four years is the worst because she was there for me when I hit my first homerun.

My happiness was crushed when I saw Jimmy coming from across the street to get me so we could get the bus together. He looked really nice today in his black Iron Maiden tee shirt and ripped jeans. His hair was styled wildly and his bag hung off his shoulder. Since our date the other night, we’ve kinda grown closer but I’m still unsure of his friends. You know when you’re looking around a crowded room and you look at someone and instantly know you’re making eye contact with them? Yeah that’s me and Jimmy right now. He looked at me with those blue eyes as he waited for me. I frowned slightly and looked at Luca 

“I’ve got to go catch the bus will you be here when I get home?” I asked curiously. Luca smiled and looked out the window to see Jimmy. She gave me a quizzical expression with an arched eye brow. She sighed and nodded.

“I’ll be here when you get back from sucking face with the neighbor boy.” She muttered. I felt my cheeks heat up horrifically, my eyes wide. I stood up with my rucksack on my back. I was certainly not sucking face with Jimmy, no way; we’re just friends. He’s just too goofy for me. And he’s a Braves fan so that’s a turn off. And he used to bully me with his friends.

“I’m not sucking face with him.” I said, my tone might’ve given Luca the wrong idea. My entire body was a bright glowing red as I stood there. I honestly didn’t mean for it to sound like that. I wasn’t giving him oral sex or kissing him. Luca covered her eyes and cried out loudly. I laughed and shook my head slightly.