Chapter 32: Starlight.

Chapter 32: Starlight. Part 1.

“How ‘bout Dillian?” Bailey suggested inclusively as she folded the clothes. There was a laundry basket of baby clothes ready for him. We had the suit case ready for the hospital. I hobbled around the room, still slightly sore from the physical day I’ve had.

“Every Dillian I know is a little shit.” I snorted. Bailey stopped folding and gave me a displeased expression. We’ve finished tour and we’re back home in time for Christmas, Peasnie’s attending school after the holidays. If Bailey wasn’t with child we’d still home school her because we’d have the time. Today Peasnie and I got her little brother’s room ready for his arrival in just under a week. I’m so excited to have a son. I’ll have a boy and a girl, evenly balanced. We were discussing names even though I was completely happy with the name Andy; his whole name would’ve been Andrew James William Hale. She didn’t want him to be able to find me in the future so she wanted him to have her last name.

I hobbled over to my side of the bed and sank myself down into the pillows. My muscles quivered as they loosened.

“What’s wrong with the name Andy?” I questioned curiously. Bailey gave me another displeased expression. I was just earning tons of those today, first it was the bedding didn’t match, then it was the furniture didn’t match the pain next it was I accidentally left the seat up in the bath room. I can’t do anything right. Especially with Peasnie, she’s not pleased she has to share a room with him but there aren’t enough rooms for everyone to have their own room. It’s only a four bedroom house with eleven soon to be twelve people living in it. There’s only so much room for everyone. But rest-a-sure for the first little while he’ll be sleeping in mine and Bailey’s room. Peasnie’s lucky, she has her own room.

“I want you to choose names you like and I’ll choose names I like then we’ll come together and share. We’re doing this right.” She told me with a fed up tone. I knew I was pushing my luck but I needed to say this. I nodded once and gave her a reassured expression.

“Okay, do you like the name Andy?” I asked her with a stern tone. She nodded in agreement which made me smile. “-Good ‘cause I like the name Andy, so therefore his name is Andy.” I added being cheeky. She playfully hit my arm and shook her head.

“No, you need to choose names you like.” She demanded sounding extremely frustrated.

“Why is this so important? We’ve agreed on Andy.” I muttered. Bailey threw her hands up and let out a frustrated sigh.

“Okay, that name is out the window. Tell me what names you like.” She dodged my question with uncanny skills.

“You didn’t answer me.” I sang solemnly. Bailey was on the brink of tears because of this and I found it so silly. It’s a name, I like Andrew, she likes Andrew therefore his name can be Andrew or Andy. Why does she want to rename him? Why is this so important?

“I want you to use your own brain to think of names instead of agreeing with me just because I did stupid things in Vegas. Rosie never allowed you to be a part of her pregnancy with Peasnie and I wasn’t going to let you be a part of his life entirely. You never really got a say in anything. You weren’t a part of the first ultra sound or buying baby clothes. You weren’t there for his first kick. I want you to be a part of naming him, that’s why it’s so important to me.” She told me. Bailey had tears slipping down her now paled face; she used the sleeve of her grey maternity shirt to wipe them away. I felt stupid now. I didn’t even think of that. I didn’t think that she was so bothered about excluding me in all those things. I wasn’t bothered. Nobody was really bothered by it actually, what’s done is done. When we left Vegas we took her directly back to Long Beach, we left her with my parents and Peasnie. My parents weren’t happy at first but then I told them why she left and what she had to risk losing if she came back. They instantly felt bad about it. The girls and guys acted like she never left.