Chapter 66: Something's up.

Sorry this chapter is so short but I needed to update this story otherwise I'd go mental. 

¬Kat. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 66: Something's up.

"Dad, don't forget I'm going to Phil's house for a sleep over." Peasnie said to me as she packed her bag for Phil's house. I was weary about letting her sleep over there tonight but Phil's mom offered to take her for the night while Kier's friend Zane's mom offered to take him for the weekend. We just got home from the hospital today, Halloween. Alfie was born the day before Halloween. Everybody thought she'd be born on Halloween because she is my child and it'd only make sense that the third child is born on ol' Hallows Eve. I held Alfie in my arms as Bailey was getting some rest and Luca was busy cooking premade meals, watching three kids isn't the hard. Peasnie's on her lap top and Kier is playing a video game. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I bottle fed Alfie.

"What time do you need to be over there?" I asked her. Peasnie looked up at me from her computer screen, her overnight bag sat on the table beside the laptop.

"I'm just gonna go and get my makeup and then I'll ride my bike over there." She told me as she got up from behind the computer. I sighed and nodded, sitting down on the couch. Alfie wined as I did so. I looked down at her, she was finished eating her lunch which left me to make sure she was burped. I sat her up right on my lap with a cloth between my hand and her chin, it draped along my lap as well. She was wide awake and looking around as I gently but firmly patted her back. Peasnie went upstairs quickly while Kier stayed in his spot playing some sort of video game; it was very violent to be honest. It was any of his because Bailey doesn't allow Kier to play any violent games. Matt must've let him borrow it. Speaking of Matt, he and Val are coming over later.

Peasnie came back downstairs with her bag hanging off the side of her body.

"Right, I'll see you guess Sunday." She said as she left the house. I looked up at her and smirked.

"Have fun." I said to her calmly. She was going to get ready for the party at Phil's house, since the people in that area don't hand out to kids 12 and over, they're having a party instead. Kier is going trick or treating for sure. And even Alfie is getting dressed up as a little lady bug.

I looked at Kier curiously as I lay Alfie back into the crook of my arm after she belched loudly.

"So what are you going as?" I asked curiously. Kier's lips curled mischievously. He was up to something and I'm worried now.

"I'm going as a girl and Zane is going as Iron Man." Kier replied hesitantly. I cocked my eye brow at his answer curiously. I was taken back by what he just said to me. He's dressing up as a girl for Halloween? Before I could say anything Kier saved his game and shut it off, going up stairs. Moments later Kier came down stairs wearing some of Peasnie's old clothes from when she was his age. He wore a pair of denim shorts that weren't like usual shorts, it was just above his knees and he wore a pink tank top. He actually looked a lot like her. I was shocked by that. He shyly smiled at me. But it soon fell from his face and a displeased expression.

“I lost a bet.” He explained calmly. Now it made sense, he was going as a girl because he lost a bet not because it wanted too. Sheesh Jimmy, get a grip on your kids. I chuckled at him and shook my head. I sighed and got up from the couch to take Alfie up to her room. Finally Bailey saw Alfie’s room for the first time this morning when we got home. I decided to go for a jungle type theme so I painted it green with a couple cartoon trees and vines with monkeys and tigers and zebras. It’s really nice.

I sat in the rocking chair in the corner across from her bed. I calmly rocked back and forth just thinking about life. It seemed like forever even though it was only a couple minutes. I remained in my spot with Alfie in my lap; she looked up at me with big blue eyes and a pretty smile. I looked down at her thoughtfully and smiled.

"Y'know in my other life you wouldn't have happened at all. Neither would've Kier or Bailey, I wouldn't have any of this. Back then I thought I didn't need a family or kids because I was a rock star but now I look back at that time and wonder how I got through the day. I wonder how I didn't go insane with boredom; you kids are the best things that happened to me."

"Hell even your mommy didn't exist, the only person to exist was Peasnie, that's because she has a different mommy.”

“In all honesty, I miss my old life as well. I miss how close Peasnie and I were back then. It's like after years of being apart she and I were the closest. But I'm not saying I don't like this life because I got you, your brother and your mom.” I had tears in my eyes as I remembered so much about that life. I was so lonely but I didn’t realize it at the time. I sniffled and looked at Alfie who was still staring up at me with very familiar blue eyes.

“Back then I died alone, accidental overdose on this couch, your sister wasn't home, she couldn't save me and that hurt. I died alone and without completing my life. But not this time, I'm gonna live forever to see you kids grow up and I'm gonna be a grandpa and see my grandkids. I'm gonna die old and with everyone I love around me." I told her, I don't know why but I did. I felt like since my time is running out she deserves to know the truth. She didn't care; I know that but seeing a small smile crosses her face as she stared up at me brightly.

“ Alfie, I told this to your sister and your brother so I’m telling it to you as well. I’m proud of you whoever you will be. I don’t care whether you’re gay, straight, bisexual. I don’t care if you’re tall or short, round or skinny. I don’t care if you’re a boy, girl or someone between. I don’t care if you paint, play music or pose for pictures. If you’re proud of you, so am I. I’m proud of you Alfie Leigh Sullivan for everything you will do in life. I’m proud of you for being you.” I whispered down to her sweetly. Her thin pink lips curled slightly as her eye lids fell down heavily. She looked so peaceful and happy when she sleeps. I wonder what she dreams about.