Chapter 78: Fight for Honour, Fight for Your Life.

After seeing Peasnie off to the airport at bloody three in the morning, I got home only to find Kier had crashed on the couch so I carried him up the stairs to his room, removed his shoes and tucked him into bed. And Alfie was sleeping in the bed with Bailey. So I had to shove her over to reclaim my place on the bed. I slept from four-thirty-ish until about seven when I felt Alfie begin to stir next to me, letting me know she was awake. Alfie does sleep in her own bed but sometimes she’ll be in here with Bailey, watching a movie and they’ll both fall asleep.

Have you ever been asleep and then suddenly woke up because it felt like you were falling? Obviously, but I know why you feel that way. It’s your brain waking you up when your heart rate decreases dramatically; it’s basically seeing if you’re still alive. That’s what I woke up too; my eye stared up at the ceiling widely when I realized Alfie and Bailey were no longer in the bed with me.

I looked at the clock; it was just after ten o’clock in the morning. I sighed, wiping my face with my hands tiredly. I could hear Alfie running up the hall way towards the bedroom. It’s like she knew I was awake or something. Like as soon as my eyes open an alarm goes off in her head and she comes to greet me. And just like I expected the bedroom door opened and Alfie came running in, jumping onto the bed in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt with her explorer’s hat. She stood up on the bed and started jumping up and down, cheering for me to get up.

“Daddy uppy time!” She chanted and jumped all over the already messy bed. I smirked as I spread my arms out wide with the blanket tied between my fingers while Alfie jumped in circles. She turned to me but as soon as she realized what I was doing it was too late. I had already cocooned her within the blanket. She giggled hysterically and struggled to squirm from my arms.

“Daddy! Mommy needs you.” She said after she finished wiggling around amongst the blankets, she looked up at me like she did when she was a baby, she still is a baby in my eyes but she’s a little explorer. I arched an eye brow at her with a crooked smirk.

“Oh, is she the only one that needs me?” I asked her curiously. Alfie smiled up at me, she had all her baby teeth so her smile was filled with little pearls. She shook her head and snuggled into me. She pulled herself up and kissed the end of my nose.

“Love you.” She said looking up at me with wide baby blue eyes. When Peasnie was born I saw a wild fire that was roaring and burning bright, in Kier’s eyes I saw passion and determination; a sea of possibilities and in Alfie’s eyes I see the sky; something that has no limits, it can be anywhere and be anything.  I smiled widely and kissed her blonde curls.

“I love you too.” I told her happily before unravelling her from the blanket so she could be free but instead she stayed sitting in my lap, leaning against me like she was. I chuckled picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder, fireman style. She giggled as I made like an airplane and trotted down the stairs.

“Alfie airlines crash landing on the couch.” I said as I put her down onto the couch, she was buried in a fit of laughter. I walked off into the kitchen where Bailey was reading the newspaper with a cup of coffee. She looked like she was already fed up with the day. I smiled at her as I grabbed my ‘#1 dad’ mug for the cupboard and filled it with coffee.

“G’morning.” I said glancing over at her. Her hazel eyes moved up from the paper to me.

“Do you wanna know what I caught your son doing?” This wasn’t good, if she’s using that tone and that wording; it can’t be good at all. I went to the table and sat down in front of her with my coffee.