Ch 8.

I'm about to blast you all with a bunch of LONG (and I mean LONG) chapters
so we can get to the good stuff sooner! 
Hope you're ready cuz you asked for it ❤️
_____________________________

Nini flipped on the news as she made breakfast for Charlotte and Connor the next morning.

"I want waffles" Connor pouted as pancakes were placed on his plate.

"Too bad. You get pancakes." Nini responded.

"I like pancakes." Charlotte said. "With lots of syrup, mommy!"

Nini chuckles at Charlotte's sweet tooth and poured a good amount of syrup on her daughter's plate.

"Do you want syrup, Con?" She asked.

"I want waffles." He said stubbornly, crossing his arms.

"How about nothing?" Nini returned sternly.

"I want syrup!" Connor said, changing his tune immediately.

Nini gave him what she deemed 'the mom look'.

"Please." Connor said after a moment of rebellion.

"That's better." She said, pouring him some syrup.

"...And in entertainment news, Folk pop star, Ricky Bowen was spotted out for a night on the town with the woman who slapped him just a few days ago."

Nini whirled around to see a picture of her and Ricky entering the restaurant, his arm around her waist.

"LA's great Baleen was graced with the up and coming musician's presence last night with Nina Salazar-Roberts, who works at the Melody Mart."

Oh. My. God. They had her name.

"It seems whatever quarrel these two love birds had was forgotten of this photo is anything to go by."

A picture of her kissing his cheek appeared on the screen. Her stomach plummeted. Kourt was gonna be pissed.

"Mommy, you're on tv!" Charlotte said excitedly.

"Ricky Bowen's publicist put out a statement stating that he is not the father of Nina's children, but he could only be so lucky. Ricky stated, and I quote, "Nina Salazar-Roberts is an amazing mother. The absolute best." The news anchor read. "Will we be seeing more of this couple? Well just have to wait and see." He finished.

Nini blinked as the reporter moved onto the weather. Did he really say that about her or was that Chelsea?

"Mommy, why are you on the tv?" Connor asked, startling her from her thoughts.

"Uh, we'll, mommy's new friend is famous." She said, joining her kids at the table.

"Like Barbie?" Charlotte asked.

Nini laughed. Her situation compared to a cartoon.

"Yeah, honey. Just like Barbie." She answered. "People like to take pictures of Barbie, right" Nini asked.

Charlotte shrugged. "I guess."

"Well, it's the same with my friend, Ricky."

Her cell rang. She didn't want to look. It was either a pissed off EJ or a pissed of Kourtney. Unfortunately, Connor grabbed the phone and answered before she could stop him.

"Hewow?" Connor said, mouth full of food.

"Connor!" Nini cried, snatching the phone from her son's hand, reluctantly answering herself.