Ch. 51

Nini was still too hyped up too sleep on the plane late the next day like everyone else. That was alright. It gave her time to try and unwind after over 48 hours of non-stop terror. She glanced down at the two little ones napping on either side of her. Charlotte and Connor. Her babies, her life savers, her true loves. She refused think about what her life would have been like without them had Ej taken them from her. She had a taste, and it was one thing she couldn't stomach. She looked over at her boyfriend who was softly snoring on one of the couches, his curls falling across his face adorably. She smiled. She thought she had loved a man before, but now she knew that she hadn't. Not until Ricky Bowen came into her life. She loved him so much it felt as though her heart would burst. She loved his laugh, his heart, his blatant adoration of her kids, his honesty and if she was being honest with herself, his incredibly yummy looks. Those abs and ass were quite the bonus. She stifled a fan-girl giggle at her thoughts. Brookelynn was sitting across from her, asleep as well. Nini wasn't sure what type of relationship she was going to have with the blonde woman, but for sure it was going to be a good one. They had both become battle buddies as it were. They both had survived Ej Caswell's attempts to ruin their lives and they were lucky to have one another. Nini would be forever grateful to Brookelynn for helping her children come home to her.

"Mommy?"

Nini looked down to see Charlotte blinking up at her.

"Yes sweetie?" she whispered.

"Can Brooke be part of the family?" Charlotte asked in earnest.

"Of course she can." Nini said, "If she wants to."

"I do."

Charlotte and Nini looked up to see Brookelynn sleepily smiling at them. Nini reached across and squeezed the woman's hand.

"We're happy to have you." Nini said, "How are you feeling?"

"Sore." She said wincing as she stretched slightly.

"I'll bet." Nini mused.

Charlotte got up and stretched too before going over to Ricky. She brushed a little hand across his face.

"Honey, let him sleep." Nini scolded lightly.

" 's ok." Ricky mumbled, opening his eyes slightly, "How are you doing Princess?"

"I love you daddy." she said, her hand patting his face lovingly.

Ricky let out a little laugh and sat up, pulling the little girl into his lap with his good side.

"I love you too." he said back, kissing the top of her head.

Tears threatened to fall from Nini's eyes again, but she pushed them back, she was so tired of crying.

"How are you feeling?" Brooke asked Ricky.

"I'll live." he said, "What about you?"

"I'll live." she returned with a smile.

Nini's phone beeped, signaling a text message.

"It's Kourt. She's meeting us at the airport with Red and my moms." Nini read, "Your parents are there too Brookelynn."

Brooke smiled. She had missed her parents so much.

"I think I'm going back to school." she announced, "I really missed designing clothes. I think it may be therapeutic."

"I think that's a wonderful idea. I don't know if I told you this but Kourtney designs clothes too." Nini told her. Brooke opened her mouth to respond, but Connor shifted awake and yawned beside her.

"Mommy?"

"Yes Connor?" she asked, kissing the top of his head.

"What's going to happen to Mr. Ej and Auntie Ellie?"

Nini was taken aback, though she shouldn't have been. How was she supposed to explain the situation in a way that wouldn't further damage her son's innocence?

"Well Con, he and Ellie are going to have to go to jail. They did a bad thing by taking you away from me and Ricky." she said as gently as she could.

"I don't have to call Mr. Ej Daddy any more do I?" Connor asked, "Because I don't want to. I want to call Ricky Daddy."

"You don't have to call Ej anything, honey." she said, stroking his hair, "I think you should ask Ricky if it's ok with him."

Connor walked over to Ricky and his sister.

"Can I call you daddy?" he asked.

"Of course you can Little Man." Ricky said, poking Connor's side.

Connor's peal of laughter was contagious.

LINE BREAK

Charlotte and Connor ran to the small crowd waiting for them just outside the gates after they had landed. It was hugs all around, and in a surprise twist, Mike and Lynne Bowen were waiting there as well.

"Mom, Dad." Ricky said, hugging his parents tightly, "How did you know?"

"Dana and Carol called us." Lynne said tearfully.

"We flew out as fast as we could." Mike said.

"Oh, my baby. You're hurt." Lynne said, noticing the bandages under Ricky's shirt.

"I'm gonna be just fine mom." Ricky said reassuringly.

Brookelynn was reuniting with her parents as well.

"Oh Brooke," her father gently cupped her bruised face in his hands, "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking Ej was done making victims." Brooke said as her mother hugged her.

Her father hugged his daughter, glad to see the fire back in her eyes. His daughter was back.

Nini hugged her moms tightly and Dana rocked her in her arms. She breathed deeply, savoring the fruity scented perfume that she had worn forever. Charlotte was happily being tossed in the air by Big Red and Kourt was hugging Connor so tightly he was starting to turn a little purple.

"Auntie Kourt." he gasped.

"Oh, sorry squirt." Kourt said, loosening her grip, but only slightly, "I was just so worried about you. I love you."

"I love you too Auntie Kourt." Connor responded before wiggling out of her grasp, "Can we go home?"

Nini laughed at his impatience.

"Why don't we all go out to eat first? My treat." she said.

She waved away any protests about her paying for everyone.

"Please let me." she said, "How about the Red Lobster"

"Yes!" Red shouted, startling everyone.

They stared at him.

"What?" the goofy guy shrugged, "They have amazing biscuits. Who wouldn't be excited about that?!"

"Alright" Nini giggled, grabbing her kids hands. "Let's go eat."
________________________________
Only a few chapters left. Or is there....

A SEQUEL?!