Ch. 22

The time came for Ricky's biggest nomination of the night: Album of the year. It was no surprise to Nini that he had won the other two nominations. He was an incredible performer. Nini waited anxiously as the announcer, who just so happened to be Shawn Mendes, went through the list of nominees.

"...and the award for Album of the Year goes to... TAYLOR SWIFT!" Nini felt disappointed for her boyfriend knowing how hard he worked on the album but when she glanced at him to see his reaction, he was smiling from ear to ear and clapping for her. He had told Nini that he was pretty good friends with her and this news practically made Nini faint.

The show ended not long after that award and when it was finished, Ricky and Nini quickly made their way outside where the red carpet was. "I am so so so proud of you, Ricky Bowen." Nini said pulling him into a tight hug and giving him a passionate kiss.

"So, there's an after party that we got invited to if you want to go but if you wanna get home to the kids, then I'm all for that. Especially because this award show took it out of me." Ricky told his lovely girlfriend.

Nini smiled widely at him, playing with his curls on the nape of his neck and then rested her forehead against his. "I'm getting tired too. I would love nothing more than to just pick up the kids from my moms' and go home, get in my pjs and cuddle with my handsome, award winning boyfriend" she told him, making him smile.

"They won't keep them over night?" Ricky asked as they headed toward the limo.

"They would." She nodded. "But tomorrow is the- the mediation." she said shakily, "I want them home."

"Nina! Nina Salazar-Roberts!"

Nini turned around and about had a heart attack. Rushing their way was Taylor Swift. THE Taylor Swift.

"Hey Taylor." Ricky said smoothly.

Nini just gaped at one of her idols.

"Hey Ricky, nice to see you again. Congrats on your awards! Hello Nini." The blonde hugged Ricky and turned to the mute brunette.

"H-h-hello." Nini stammered.

"Oh, you are so cute." Taylor said, enveloping Nini in a large hug, "Listen Nini, I have a question for you."

"For me?" she squeaked, pointing to herself.

"Yeah, you honey. I love the songs you wrote for Ricky. I was wondering if you could write one for me."

"But-but you write your own songs." Nini said.

"Yes, I do, most of the time, but I want one by you, a guaranteed number one hit. Will you do it?"

OMG. Taylor Swift, her favorite singer of all time, was asking her to write a song for her.

"Baby?" Ricky nudged her humorously.

Nini realized she'd just been staring at the pop star.

"Oh! I-well-um-of course." Nini managed to get out.

"That's great! I'll contact Ricky and he can hook us up." Taylor said, "Have a good night you two."

"Goodnight." Ricky said.

"Night." Nini said, only partially coherent.

"You ok there, Nins?" Ricky snickered.

Nini suddenly snapped, jumping up and down and squealing.

"Oh my god, Ricky! My favorite singer, the famous Taylor Swift talked to me. She wants me-me to write her a song. Oh my god!"

She had to stop screaming when she was hit with a large yawn. Ricky wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Come on crazy, the twins are probably asleep, you'll need help carrying them." he said, laughing, "We've got a big day tomorrow."

LINE BREAK

After they got the twins into their beds it was after midnight. Ricky and Nini curled up together on the couch, her head on his chest, and his arms around her. Ricky had tossed his outer coat, tie and shoes, Nini had changed into a hoodie and some grey sweats.

"You should be getting some sleep darling." Ricky murmured.

"I know." she sighed, listening to his heartbeat, "I'm just so worried."

"Don't be." he said, "Mr. Mazzara is the best there is. EJ doesn't have a chance."

"I hope not." she said sleepily, the heartbeat acting as a lullaby, "Thank you for the amazing night."

"Sleep darling." he brushed her hair away from her face, "And you're welcome."

He carried her to her bed when she began to snore. He wrote a quick note and left in on her table. He quietly checked on the twins, grabbed his coat and stuff, and then left, making sure the door was locked behind him.

He never wanted anything bad to happen to this family. He wouldn't let anything bad happen. Even though it had only been a few weeks, the three people asleep in that old apartment meant the world to him.
________________________________
I originally thought this chapter was a MESS but then I reread it and I think it's pretty good. Thank you all for your sweet comments supporting this story.

There's more to come later today 😉