Ch. 44

THIS CHAPTER, ALONG WITH THE NEXT FEW ARE DARK... and I mean DARK! ***strong violence***
_______________________________
Even though Mr. Mazzara's security was right outside, Ricky stayed the night on the couch. Nini and the twins were sound asleep. He flipped through the TV channels absently, not really paying attention. He had kept his cool, but on the inside, he was furious. Beyond furious. He wanted to punch EJ. He wanted to kick EJ. He wanted to kill EJ.

His cell buzzed on the coffee table. 'Red' blinked on the screen.

"Hey Red." he answered quietly, "What's up?"

"The sky." his best friend responded seriously, "How are you doing man?"

Ricky smiled. He and Red had been friends since preschool and they could read each other like a book.

"I don't know, Red. I am so mad, I could kill him." he responded.

"Well, don't do that. You'll go to jail." Red said.

Ricky laughed.

"I'm not gonna kill him Red. I just-"

"You were sad seeing Nini hurt." Red finished.

"Yeah." Ricky sighed.

"I was too. She's like my sister." Red said.

"She is?" Ricky asked.

"Well yeah, you're like my brother and you two are practically married, so yeah, she's like my sister."

Ricky chuckled. Sometimes his friend made sense.

"Thanks buddy. Goodnight." he said.

"Night Ricky."

Ricky ended the call. He took a look through a few more channels before deciding on one of the Bourne movies, he didn't really care which one. He was starting to doze off when a small voice woke him.

"Ricky?"

Ricky blinked awake to see Charlotte standing in front of him in her little pajamas that had little pianos all over them.

"Hey Char-Char." he said, opening his arms.

Charlotte jumped on the couch next to him and cuddled to his side.

"What are you doing up Princess?" he asked, kissing the top of her head.

"Why did daddy hurt mommy?" Charlotte asked.

Ricky was shocked.

"How-how do you know about your daddy?" he asked.

She looked up at him with her mother's eyes.

"Auntie Kourtney talks loud." she said by way of explanation.

Ricky let out a laugh. That was true.

"I think this is something your mom should talk to you about Princess, I'm sorry." he answered.

Charlotte nodded solemnly.

"You won't let him hurt her again will you Ricky?" she asked.

"No. I will never let him hurt her again." he said firmly, "Never again."

Charlotte let out a cute little yawn and closed her eyes

"I love you Ricky."

"I love you too Charlotte."

They drifted off to sleep together. Don't think for one minute Nini passed up the opportunity to snap a picture before they woke up in the morning.