Ch. 57

Nini finally got the lock turned. She pushed the handle down and the door opened. She hopped out into a ratty looking hall.

"This is ridiculous." she muttered underneath the tape.

She hopped over to the next room and knocked on the door. She heard the TV playing, but no one answered. She tried the next door, same response. She was about to turn the corner when she heard a cry. She turned her head and saw Sabrina headed her way.  Nini hopped as fast as she could, but Sabrina quickly caught up with her. Nini struggled as Sabrina attempted to drag her back to the hotel room.

"Stop!" someone shouted.

Nini looked up to see Ricky standing there.

"Let her go Sabrina." Ricky said gently.

"But she's in our way Ricky." Sabrina whined.

"I know she is, but this isn't the way."

Nini was hurt until she realized that Ricky was just playing along. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Detective Kent and her friends.

"Just let her go and we can be in peace." Ricky said soothingly, though he looked like he had just eaten a cup full of tar.

"Really?" Sabrina said, her grip loosening on Nini.

"Really." Ricky said.

In a flash, Detective Kent had a hold of Sabrina and Ricky caught a falling Nini. Wincing, he quickly ripped off the tape.

"Ow." she said, taking in generous gulps of air.

Ricky kissed her in relief. Sabrina let out a screech and struggled, but Detective Kent had a good hold on her. Nini marched up to her former captor and slapped her across the face. Twice. Ricky laughed.

"That's my girl." he said as Nini hugged Kourt and Brookelynn.

"Thank you Detective Kent." Nini said as the detective cut her loose, "And don't take this the wrong way, but I never want to see you again."

The detective laughed, understanding what she meant.

"But you are invited to the wedding." Nini said with a smile.

Red pulled her into a surprise hug, lifting her off the ground.

"Oh sis, we were so worried." he said, "And my pants don't fit."

Nini laughed. Sprinkle a little Red on a situation and things looked brighter.

"We can postpone the wedding if you need time to-" Ricky tried to say.

"Like hell!" Nini exclaimed, "I am marrying you in three days. No exceptions. I've been through too much to not go through with this wedding."

Nini let out a relieved sigh.

"Good." he said, pulling her into his arms, "I'm tired of waiting."

"Come on in guys." Nini said.

Kourt, Red and Brookelynn joined the hug.
________________________________
ONE CHAPTER LEFT!!!!