Ch. 7

"I'll see you this weekend." Ricky told her as his driver helped her out of the limo.

"Alright. Um... I actually had a good time tonight, so thank you." Nini responded, then yawned. "Goodnight, Ricky."

"Oh! By the way, my lawyers will contact you tomorrow. Just like I promised." He said.

"Thanks." She said, walking up the stairs to her apartment.

Nini was just about to put her key in the lock when the door suddenly opened and two hands grabbed her arms.

"Tell us everything!" Kourtney and Gina demanded, yanking her into the apartment.

Nini barely had time to register what was happening before she felt herself being thrown onto the couch.

"Woah! Guys, wha-" Nini exclaimed.

Her two best friends threw themselves on either side of her on the couch and just stared at her, waiting patiently but Nini decided to remain silent and tease them a little bit.

"Nini" Kourt whined. "Tell us!"

Nini rolled her eyes. "There's nothing to tell." She said calmly.

The girls just glared at her and after a minute or so, Nini flushed under their scrutiny.

"We know you're lying." Kourt said, narrowing her eyes at the brunette.

"Wha-no!" Nini said in her vague British accent. Kourtney and Gina both smirked, knowing that it was only a matter of time before she gave in.

"Spill girlie, or the twins will be filled to the brim with sugar next time I babysit." Kourtney said.

Nini sighed.

"All that happened at dinner was a little bit of acting."

"Acting? Acting how?" Gina asked.

Nini just bit her lip and said, "a bit of hugging, hand holding, and looking like we like each other." Then she added a little too quickly, "which we don't."

"Kissing?" Gina asked.

The image of her kissing his cheek flashed in her mind and she tried her best not to blush. Instead she just shook her head.

"No. Of course not. There was not and never will be any kissing." She confidently said.

Gina and Kourtney looked extremely disappointed.

Their looks of disappointment didn't go unnoticed.

"You guys do know this is all an act, right?" Nini told them.

Gina nodded and sighed.

"We know, Nins. But wouldn't it be great if it wasn't?" She said, forlornly. "You haven't dated anyone since EJ, Nins. It's been what? Four years? We just think it's time you put yourself back out there." Kourtney gently added.

Nini sighed and stood up.

"Look, I don't need anyone, Kourt. Especially not Ricky Bowen." She said defensively, pulling her best friends off her couch. "Go home, you guys. You both have work in the morning."

"Fine." Kourt huffed. "But we know there's something you're not telling us."

After seeing her friends off, she looked at the clock and sighed. 12am. She knew she should probably just head to bed, but for some reason she just couldn't get the events of tonight out of her head. She'd never admit it, but deep down she enjoyed tonight. She enjoyed his attention, and the thought of that terrified her.

She wandered into her room after checking on the kids and settled into some pjs. She grabbed a worn out leather book off her nightstand and jotted down a little diary entry before deciding to write some lyrics for a song she was working on.

Well, I went on that "date" with Ricky Bowen. It wasn't terrible and he's still a jerk. But he was also... nice? Ugh. Only three months to go.

Nini lifted her pen and tapped it on her chin gently, biting her lip. She sighed and wrote down one more thing she'd never admit out loud.

It might not be so bad.
________________________________

** Another little chapter for you guys. More action between Ricky and Nini is coming within the next couple of chapters, I promise! And don't worry, he's done calling her darling. The reason he did that so much is because he knows it gets under her skin.

Make sure to share this with your friends and comment/vote! It means a lot.

Lastly, would you guys want some more chapters today? I'm bored so I don't mind writing them. Let me know

❤️