Ch. 36

Kourtney rang the doorbell of Ricky's house. Red quickly opened the door.

"Hey Kourt!" he greeted.

"Must you act like a puppy every time you say hello to someone?" Kourtney said scathingly, entering the house.

Red shrugged. It irritated Kourt that she was unable to shake up the man-child. She was Kourtney Greene for god's sake, she could shake up anyone.

"I need your help again." she said.

"What now?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

"I need help finding out exactly what Brookelynn's schedule looks like. What she does say by day and who she spends her time with." Kourtney told him.

"You know, I might have to start charging you for my services. This might be getting out of hand." He joked.

Kourt just gave him a stern look and punched him in the shoulder.

"Or not." He groaned, rubbing the sore spot.

They worked in silence for a while until he finally exclaimed, "got it!" Looking at Kourtney and pointing to the screen.

LINE BREAK

Nini woke up before her alarm the next morning. She smiled when she realized that all four of them had fallen asleep together. She was sad that it was Monday and they couldn't lounge around. She found herself thinking about how nice it would be to wake up like this every morning. Ricky opened his eyes slowly.

"Hey." she said softly.

"Hey." he whispered back, gently moving Connor off his chest, "Sorry."

"It's ok. We all fell asleep." she said, reaching over Charlotte to run her hand through her boyfriend's unruly curls.

He caught her hand and kissed it.

"I like this." he said.

"Me too." Nini said, feeling her face flush.

She jumped when her alarm started screaming. She quickly shut it off, but her kids were waking up.

"Ricky!" Connor said gleefully, throwing his arms around Ricky.

"Good morning Little Man." he said.

Charlotte stretched and yawned. Ricky leaned over the little boy to kiss Charlotte on the top of her head.

"Good morning to you too Princess."

Charlotte just waved, not quite awake. Nini and Ricky laughed.

"Come guys. Time to get ready for school." Nini said, getting off the bed and lifting Charlotte down.

Ricky did the same and helped Connor.

"I don't wanna go to school." Connor pouted.

"Go." Nini said sternly, "Get dressed, I'll get breakfast started."

"Will you eat with us Ricky?" Charlotte asked.

"You bet. But only if you go get ready for school."

The twins ran out of the room.

"I just love how they only listen to you." Ricky said, amused.

She was working on the waffles when he came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her middle and setting his chin on her shoulder. She giggled when his breath tickled her neck.

"Ricky." she said in a warning tone.

"I love you." he said.

She turned her head and kissed his cheek.