Ch. 47

"You think you know where Charlotte and Connor are at?" Nini asked Brookelynn.

"Yes. It's a house in Blackfoot, Montana. It's about an 18 hour drive from here ."

The FBI agent that had joined them looked through his notes.

"There is no vacation house listed at that location from the list we got from the Caswell's."

"It wouldn't be." Brookelynn explained, "I overheard Ej's father telling him about it. The house in Blackfoot is sort of a safe house. Mr. Caswell is a defense lawyer, but often double-crosses his clients. Apparently he's afraid of retaliation. Ej and his father think they are the only ones who know about it."

Nini felt a small spark of hope, but it was dashed when the FBI agent spoke.

"We'll look into it." he said offhandedly.

"You'll 'look into it'?" Ricky said incredulously.

"Let us do our job Mr. Bowen." the FBI agent said, obviously not pleased with the musician's tone.

Ricky watched the man walk away.

"He's not going to do anything." Ricky said, "I'm going to Blackfoot."

"Ricky." Nini called.

"Dude-" Red said at the same time.

Ricky didn't look back. He headed towards his car. If the FBI wasn't going to 'look into it' fast enough, he would.

"Ricky!"

"What?" he snapped, turning around to see Brookelynn headed his way.

"I'm going with you." she said, coming around to the other side of the car.

"Brooke-" he began, but the blonde woman was already in his car.

"Let's go." she said.

"Are you sure?" he asked, getting into the car.

"Never been more sure in my life." she said firmly.

"Alright then. Let's get to the airport." he said, driving away from the store, "Even if they never stop anywhere, we will still beat them there."

"You think we can get a flight this fast?" Brookelynn asked.

"I've got my own jet." he flashed her a grin.

"Good." she responded, buckling up, "Let's move."

LINE BREAK

Connor was scared. He had to go to the bathroom, but Mr. Ej wouldn't stop. He said to hold it or else. Charlotte hadn't let go of his hand. He didn't want her to.

"We have got to switch cars again soon." Auntie Ellie said.

"I know Ellie." Mr. Ej said, annoyed.

Connor really had to go to the bathroom.

"Mr.-Mr. Ej?"

"Daddy, dammit! I'm your father Colin!"

"D-daddy," Connor stammered, "I have to go to the bathroom."

"His name is Connor. You might want to get that right." Auntie Ellie said. "Come on, we'll switch cars at the next gas station, you can take the kid to the bathroom."

"Fine. You take Charlotte to the bathroom after you find a car." Mr. Ej said sharply, "I don't want to stop again. We have to get to Blackfoot."

When they stopped, Mr. Ej grabbed Connor by the arm and led him over to the bathrooms at the side of the gas station.