Ch. 56

Ricky yawned, bored. He had taken Red to the tailor because the pants that came with the white suit were too long. That happened with most of Red's pants. The tailor was having a hell of a time measuring since Red kept moving..

"Dammit Red, hold still." Ricky said, "I wanna get out of here."

Ricky's cell rang, drowning out Red's retort.

"Hello?"

"Ricky, its David. Nini's missing."

"What!" he shouted, startling the tailor into pricking Red.

"Ow, Richard!" Red complained.

"Shut up Red, Nini's missing."

Red gasped.

"What happened?" Ricky asked, leaving the shop.

"I gave her some jewelry for the wedding and she went out to put it in her car and never came back. I went out to her car and found her keys and blood on the ground beside the car." David explained quickly, "I've called the police."

"I'm on my way." Ricky said, hanging up and honking the horn for Red to hurry.

This could not be happening again. He felt sick.

"What happened?" Red asked, ungraciously clamoring into the car.

"Someone has taken my bride." Ricky said, gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles where turning white.

"Kidnapping has become sort of your's and Nini's 'thing' hasn't it?"

Red's attempt at a joke fell on deaf ears. Ricky was angry and focused. They were at the music shop in no time. Police cars were everywhere and David was sitting on the back bumper of an ambulance with an oxygen mask over his face. Detective Kent was standing beside David, a hand on his shoulder. Austin and Dez ran up to the two men, Kourt, Emily, Dana and Carol appearing behind them.

"What the hell happened?" Carol asked angrily, "Where is my baby?!"

Dana set a calming hand on her wife's shoulder to calm her down before Detective Kent spoke..

Ricky laid a hand on David's shoulder.

"Are you ok?" he asked lamely.

David nodded.

"He was hyperventilating when I got here." Detective Kent filled in.

"What do you know?" Ricky asked.

"Not a whole lot." Detective Kent said, "Just keys and blood. Do you know of anyone else who would want to hurt your fiancé?"

"Well, she said she had been getting a lot of hate mail lately by some of my more delusional fans." Ricky said, "She throws them out."

"I'll have some of the officers search the dumpsters." Detective Kent said, then radioed those orders.

Ricky sat with his future mother-in-laws and their friends inside the Melody Mart. Soon two trash bags full of unopened letters were dumped on the floor.

"I could use some help." Detective Kent said.

The detective, Ricky and the others began opening letters.

"Any overly creepy ones send my way." the detective instructed.

Soon the only sound was envelopes being ripped open.

LINE BREAK

Nini was annoyed and starving. After Sabrina had finished her shower, she had sat on the bed next to Nini and had done nothing but talk. She talked about marrying Ricky, how many children they were going to have, what their names would be, where they would live and on and on and on and freaking on. Nini would have screamed, but the tape hadn't been removed.

"I'll have someone set you free after Ricky and I are on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. I'm sorry my Ricky's been so confused and led you on, but it's me he loves." Sabrina said sympathetically, "Oh, look at the time! I'm going to get us dinner."

The ditzy blonde grabbed her purse and opened the door.

"I'll be back in a bit. Maybe you can help me decide what flowers to carry down the aisle when I get back."

Nini couldn't believe how neurotic this woman was. And stupid. Sabrina couldn't lock the slide lock from the outside. Nini waited five minutes just to make sure Sabrina was gone before swinging her bound legs off the bed. Very carefully she hopped over to the door, her head screaming with every bounce. Once she reached the door she turned around and fiddled around for the lock. She was getting married in four days come hell or high waters dammit!

LINE BREAK

"I got something!" Kourt yelled, waving a letter written on a flowery stationary, "Ricky, what was the name of that girl that stalked you in Australia?"

"Uh, Sabrina." he said.

"This is your final warning Miss Roberts. You must leave Ricky so he can realize his love for me. If you ignore this letter, drastic measures will have to be taken. Sincerely, Sabrina Bowen." Kourt read, disgust dripping from her tone.

"How do we find this girl?" Brookelynn asked, her lap buried under a mountain opened letters.

"Is there a return address?" Detective Kent asked.

"No. But it was closed with a sticker from..." Kourt put the envelope back together so she could see the complete sticker, "The Oceanside Motel."

They all stood quickly, ready to go.

"Oh no." Detective Kent said, "The police will handle this."

The detective sighed when he was ignored- Ricky, Brookelynn, Red, and Kourt already out the door.