Ch. 26

"Red, I have no idea what to do." Ricky paced back and forth, running his hands through his hair, "She won't listen. How can I tell her that girl forced herself on me if she won't listen?"

It had been days. Ricky had refuted the rumors that he was with that crazy fan that kissed him, but Nini still wouldn't answer his calls or see him.

"Ricky, sit down, you are making me dizzy." Red said, though he was the one spinning around in a swivel chair, "I have an idea."

"You do?" Ricky asked, surprised.

"I get them sometimes." Red said defensively, stumbling around as he stood, "I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" Ricky asked.

"I'll be back" Red repeated, leaving the house.

Ricky shook his head.

"He's my best friend, but he's plain nutty." Ricky said before returning to his earlier occupation, staring at a picture of Nini.

LINE BREAK

Kourt knit her eyebrows together when her doorbell kept going off. Sighing, she got off the couch and made her way to the door. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" She yelled to the person behind the door. She was shocked when she opened the door and saw Big Red standing there pacing back and forth.

"What do you want Red? I'm working." she told him, frustrated at the amount of times he rang her doorbell.

"We gotta get Ricky and Nini back together. They're like-peanut butter and jelly, Mac and cheese, and-I'm hungry."

"Red!" Kourt reached up and snapped her fingers in front of his face, "Focus!"

"Oh yeah. Kourt, we gotta fix this." he said.

"No we don't gotta do anything." Kourtney said. "That bastard broke my best friend's heart by cheating on her."

She turned away from him, but suddenly there were hands on her shoulders and she was twirled around.

"But Kourtney, that's just the thing!" Red shook her, "He didn't cheat on her!"

Kourtney scoffed and walked back into her living room, leaving a confused Red waiting outside of her door. She came back seconds later and shoved the magazine with the pictures of Ricky kissing another girl into Red's hands. She pointed to the picture of Ricky and the floozy he was kissing.

"Then what is this?" she asked.

"A magazine."

"No Red! The picture! Of Ricky kissing another girl. A girl who is not Nini!" Kourt shouted.

"That girl forced herself on him. He really likes Nini." Red said.

"Right. A picture is worth a thousand words." Kourtney shook her head.

"What about a video?" Red asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"What do you mean?" Kourt said suspiciously.

Red handed her his phone and she pressed play on the video.

"Just watch." he said, his cheek pressed against hers.