Ch. 42

Warning: THIS CHAPTER SHOWS VIOLENCE.
_____________________________

Nini headed over the mailboxes the next day after dropping Brookelynn off at the police station. She was making her formal accusations against EJ. Nini unlocked the box and took out a stack of envelopes. She was just about to close the box when she spotted something in the way back. It was a piece of paper folded like she used to fold notes in middle school. It had her name on it, nothing else was written on the outside. She opened it up and read.

Dear Miss Roberts,

I am a fair person. So it is only fair to give you a chance before things get ugly. Break up with Ricky. He belongs with me. You are not good enough for him and your children drag him down. He can't be a musician if he has to worry about kids. Believe me I know what is best for the man I love. He doesn't love you, you know. He only thinks he does, he really loves me; he just hasn't realized it yet. That's ok. I can wait. But you need to get out of the picture.

It wasn't signed.

"Oh great. This is the last thing I need." she groaned.

"Nini!" some shouted, startling Nini, causing her to drop her mail and the note.

She turned and gasped. EJ was storming her way. She gripped her keys tightly, it was weak, but that's all she had.

"Where is my wife you bitch?" he snarled, getting into her face.

She was too angry to be afraid. She was so tired of this asshole. She shoved him away.

"She's safe." she spat, "Get lost asshole."

EJ grabbed her arms and shook her.

"Tell me where she is." he hissed.

"Why? Because you love her?" she said venomously.

He slapped her across the face. Hard. Tears pricked her eyes, but she would never let them fall. She stared at him defiantly, ignoring the sting. She tasted blood; her lip must have been split.

"Can't ever use your words like a big boy, can you?" she said with a smile.

EJ growled and shoved her into the wall of mailboxes. Her head hit the metal of the boxes with a hard crack. Black dots swam before her eyes, but still she would not cry.

"Where. Is. My. Wife?" he grit out, spit flying onto her face.

"I will never tell you." she whispered, gritting her teeth.

He jerked her again, causing her to hit her head again.

"I think you will." he said, evil dripping from his tone.

She struggled against his grip, finally settling on spitting in his face.

"Argh, bitch!" he cried, "Come on."

He started dragging her towards his car. She fought, but he was stronger. This was actually happening. She was not going to die like this. She knew he was that mad. She started thrashing around.

"Stop it!" he hissed.

"Hey!" Nini didn't recognize the voice, "Get away from her! What the hell do you think you're doing?"

The last thing she remembered was EJ throwing her on the ground.
________________________________
Things will be dark when it comes to EJ here on out.