Ch. 52

Nini slept on the floor in Charlotte and Connor's room that night. They had been so far away and now she just wanted to stay so close. Though unfounded, she was worried that if she blinked, they'd be gone again. Ricky had decided to spend some time with his parents and though she wished he was there with her, she understood where Lynne and Mike were coming from. They were worried about their baby like she was worried about hers. But she didn't have to miss him for long. He showed up for breakfast the next morning.

"Morning." he greeted before pulling her into his arms and kissing her breathless.

"Whoa." she said, a little woozy, "Good morning to you too."

"Can I borrow the kids for about an hour?" he asked, following her into the kitchen.

"Sure, but why?" she asked, getting the breakfast things out.

"I just need to talk to them." he said.

She gave him a look, but he obviously wasn't going to elaborate.

So after breakfast, Ricky took the kids to the park.

"What is he up to?" she asked herself as she watched him load the twins into his car.

LINE BREAK

Ricky let the twins play a bit before calling them over to the picnic table he was sitting at.

"Princess! Little Man! Come over here please." he called.

The twins slid down the big slide before running over to him.

"Sit down please." he said.

Charlotte and Connor scooted onto the bench across from him.

"Are we in trouble?" Connor asked.

"No." Ricky chuckled, "I have a serious question for you too."

He smiled when Charlotte sat up straight and folded her hands. Such a little lady.

"You know I love you guys right?" he said.

Two brunette heads nodded.

"You know I love your mommy too right?"

They nodded again.

"Well, I'd like to ask her a very important question, but I wanted to ask you if it was ok first."

"You're gonna ask her to marry you?" Charlotte exclaimed "Just like Cinderella and Prince Charming?"

"You are one smart little girl." Ricky reached across and tapped her nose playfully, "That's what I'm gonna do. Is that alright?"

"Yes!" Charlotte and Connor yelled together.

"Then you'll be our daddy, right? For real?" Connor asked.

"If you want."

Suddenly he had two sets of arms wrapped around him. He stood so he could hug them tighter. But after a moment, Charlotte and Connor were behind him, pushing him towards the car. He laughed and pretended to get stuck. Charlotte ran around in front of him, grabbing his hand and pulled.

"Push Con!" she yelled, "He has to hurry!"

After a moment, he let them push and pull him to the car. God he loved these kids.

LINE BREAK

Ricky had sworn the twins to secrecy. He could tell they were ready to burst when Ricky asked Nini to dinner. He knew she thought something was up.

"So where are we going?" Nini asked after waving goodbye to Kourt and the twins.

"Just ride." he said with a secretive smile.

Nini smiled when they approached their special place, the Gehry Music Hall. She took the hand that he offered when he opened her door, feeling like a princess.

Nini gasped as they entered the hall. Rose petals lined the aisle up to the stage. One the stage was a small, intimate table with a white table cloth and candles lit.

"Oh Ricky." she sighed.

He took her hand and guided her up onto the stage. He pulled out her chair and she sat down in awe of the fancy meal in front of her.

"Ricky, what is all this?" she asked.

He smiled at her and knelt in front of her. She gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. Was he-?

"Nina Salazar-Roberts, I love you. I love you so much. And even though we've only been together a short time, it feels like forever. You changed me, for the better. You and those adorable little kids of yours. I can't picture my life without you and the twins. I know it'll be difficult sometimes, but I really would love it if you would be a permanent part of my life." he took her hands, "I've been given special permission by both your moms and children to ask you this. Will you marry me?"

Tears streamed down her face as he opened a small box revealing a beyond beautiful diamond ring. It wasn't too big or small. It was absolute perfection.

"Yes." she sniffled with a laugh, "Yes. I will marry you."

He put the ring on her and twirled her around. And just like their first kiss, he let her down slowly before kissing her soundly.

"Thank you." he said, "Thank you for slapping me."

Nini let out a laugh and kissed him again.

"The best worst move of my life." she said after she allowed him to breathe again.
_______________________________
Nini's ring

_______________________________Nini's ring

There's 6 chapters left. Do you guys want 3 today and 3 tomorrow? All 6 today? Or do you want me to drag it out??