046 / He Tried

wc: 351

Things start to move in slow motion.

Richie pulls his smaller best friend away, wrapping his arms around him as bullets ring through the air. Eddie shrieks in fear. Trying to pull the boy closer as Richie covers him.

"Stan!" Bill does the same, pulling the younger one close, trying to protect him. Seven's ears ring as muffled screams startle him.

"Bill." He whimpers, taking in the smell of the older one. "I-I'm scared." His whole body begins to tremble as the older one just holds onto him.

Seven trembles, listening to the screams as the four 'siblings' stand close to each other.

Seven flinches, something wet drips onto his head. His hand feels wet where he holds onto Bill.

His ears stop ringing that horrible sound. "Bill? Richie?? Eddie?" He whimpers as Richie cries into the smaller one's arms, pure fear fills Number Four's veins.

"S-Shit...." Bill stumbles back, Seven begins to feel unbearable pain that's he's never felt. His left-hand starts to throb. Five turns around lifting his shirt gently.

His eyes slowly start to follow an imaginary line to the smaller one.

They both look at the bullet hole on Bill's back and the hole in Seven's hand. Not a huge one, but one good enough to hurt.

"Fuck! Fuck! Call 911!" He screams as Bill collapses, a red liquid trails out of his mouth and down his cheek.

"No!! No!!" He screams running to the boy, Richie holds his knees close to him as he sobs loudly. He never cries this hard, it's almost as he does when he's locked down in the room.

"Hey hey hey...open your eyes for me. Okay?" Seven wipes the tears from his own face.

"Let go of him...stop!" He yells as multiple paramedics pull him away, putting an air mask over his face.

"Let go of me!" "They're trying to help him...stop!!" His vision starts to go dark as he lets out a scream. A loud one too.

Richie watches as the younger one screams. He tries his best to get to Eddie, he tried.