02 / And He Did

Wc: 377

"Why is he here? He's just gonna slow us down." "Shut it Four." "Make me." "I have knives."

"And I have...never mind. No, I'm not gonna scoot over Six." He grumbles still scooting over.

"Four is right. He's g-gonna slow us down." Seven has never disliked a voice before. But today. Hearing Number Five's voice is like nails to a chalkboard.

"Shut up." "What are you g-gonna do? Use your powers?" "Shut up." "Oh right. You don't have any." He scoffs stepping on the back of Seven's shoe. Making him stumble.

"Shut-" Quickly, Three puts her hand over his mouth. "No need...he uh...he's wasting your time...I'll be back." She smiles before walking away.

"Hurry Number Seven." He nods before fixing his sock and following quickly.

"It's a bank robbery." Some guy whispers. "Hey are you-" "Number Seven? Yes..." he whispers. "Patrick...Patrick Hockstetter." He whispers back, shaking his hand gently.

"Back off." Five appears out of thin air. Standing in between the two. "What?" "You heard me. Back off." He puts his mask back on before disappearing again.

"I uh...gotta go." He scurries away. Reginald stands by, calling Seven back over.

"You-" "Distracted them? Interrupted you? I'm sorry. I'll go home." "Stay. No need."

In the corner of Number Seven's eye, he sees Number Five glaring at Patrick. Who happens to be staring at Number Seven.

"You need to love your siblings." "We aren't related." "Yes, you are. You're apart of this academy." "It doesn't feel like it." He can feel his ears burn a bright red.

"Just because there's nothing special about you. Doesn't mean you don't belong." Seven sighs, standing on the rooftop with Sir Reginald Hargreaves.

He begins to talk to the walkie talkie, instructing the other five what to do. Number Six being the last thing to complete the mission they will talk about for the next week.

A while later the five come out. Waving at the cameras as blood drips from their faces and clothes. Blood splatters on their white collars making Number Seven shudder.

The five wave until Reginald leads them back to the helicopter pad.

"Move Seven." Number Four mutters. "I heard a rumor you punched yourself in the face." And he did.