04 / Unless He Has To

Wc: 416

"There is no time for horseplay at the table." His fist hit the table, the plates and silverware make a clattering sound.

Number Seven flinches, covering his head gently. Number Four and Five kick each other underneath the table.

"Listen!" The two stop, fixing their posture quickly. The room stays silent as their mom brings out the food.

Number Four wipes a tear away when his fingers. "You okay?" Number Two whispers, all Richie does is nod.

"Your listening skills have deteriorated. Maybe punishment can help." "No sir." The six whisper around the table.

"Eat up. Staring at it won't do anything." Everyone picks up their fork first, then the knife.

Small mumbles go around the table as Eddie and Richie joke around. Ben and Beverly talk through a piece of paper and pencil. Mike talks to mom.

Bill simply stares in Stanley's direction. "I'd rather you not stare at me." "I wasn't." "Why argue? Stop lying." Bill disappears into thin air. Reginald ignores him.

"Reginald dear...another bank robbery..." she whispers as the six sigh. Seven simply sits there, continuing to eat.

A couple of minutes later everyone comes back with their uniforms on.

Four switching from a t-shirt and sweats into his knee-high socks, shorts, and top. Everyone has the same uniform. Beverly wears a skirt instead.

Bill scoffs as he waits. He's always wearing his uniform. Never normal clothes unless it's pajamas.

"Come on slowpoke." Richie chuckles nudging everyone out of the door.

"Stay here Number Seven. This one is more serious." "My name isn't Seven." He whispers as the big doors close.

"Stan?" "Yes, mom?" "The clothes are done. I can take care of them." "Please?" She nods, smiling like she always does before walking away. Her heels clicking against the stairs.

—a bit later.

A slight snicker wakes Stan up from his half-asleep state. "Put the knife away. It's just me." "I'm going to bed." "C'mon. Let's go somewhere." Stan slowly walks into the hallway.

"You too. Come with us." "D-Don't. They're gonna get in trouble." "We won't." "Reggie-" "Won't find out. Right?" Bill simply doesn't flinch as a knife thuds into the wall beside his ear.

"Shit." Richie scurries to Stan, pulling him away as Bill disappears, appearing in front of Eddie as the two begin to fight.

Eddie blocks some of Bill's kicks and punches, the same with the other boy.

The two both know he won't stab him unless he has to.