022 / Somewhere Important

Wc: 360

Week two:

September 10th, 2020: three weeks till our birthday. The house is quiet without Richie's loud laugh or the thudding sound of Eddie throwing his knives. Even though we're all 16, we still enjoy playing hide and seek.

Especially in the dark when Reginald isn't here. Grace sits quietly on the sofa, listening to our snickers as the fireplace cracks and pops. I often catch her grinning. Five sits on the couch in front of her. Simply staring at the fire. Five...he texted me.

Bill

B: Anything happening at the house?

S: No. I thought you didn't have my number.

B: I do. Just don't wanna talk to you.

S: Wow thanks. How's everything going in Paris.

B: Right now we're at this fancy restaurant looking for some guy.

S: Oh. Tell everyone I said hi.

B: Will do.
*one video attached*

He taps the video gently. A random video of Richie and Eddie nudging each other. The others wave at the camera. "Miss you Seven." Beverly and Mike grin. "I'll get you something." Richie chuckles, grabbing Eddie's wrist to wave at the camera.

He notices Richie wearing a suit and tie.

*Bill sent another attachment*

A picture of the six, including Ben, wearing their fancy clothes. Bill smiles slightly in the picture. Eddie laughs, his head squished beside Richie's.

B: It's Beverly. He doesn't know I sent that. Love you

S: Love you too. :)

Seven smiles to himself, listening to the faint sound of rain hitting the roof. The fire crackles as a knock on the big doors startles Seven. Grace off somewhere with Pogo.

"Hello? Seven? It's uh...It's Patrick." Seven hesitated before getting up. He regrets choosing the outfit he's wearing at the moment.

An emerald green sweater and some shorts, his white almost knee high socks on.

"Patrick? How did you get my address?? It's raining. Come inside." Seven pulls the boy in, speed walking to the bathroom to grab a towel.

"Everyone knows where you guys live...my friends left me out at the park...didn't know it was gonna rain...where's your family?" "We aren't related," he whispers. "They're off somewhere important." "Oh..."