Trespass

Trespass

2015 © All Rights Reserved

Tania and Shyla made their living breaking into homes, but things are never as easy as they seem.

"How do you know which home you're going to choose?" Tania's best friend, Shyla asked her. Shyla sat on the dirty couch, torn and stained beyond repair. It sat in the middle of the cold, dark apartment they squatted in ever since the two made their way to the town they were in. Webs and spiders were in almost every corner of the front room. They never bothered the girls so the girls never bothered them. The two girls, both aged seventeen ran away from their homes a month ago and had to make their living doing unethical things.

Tania looked over at her friend, taking a minute to smile at her innocence. Shyla had never went along with her to the houses they'd invade, but this time Shyla insisted on her coming. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked.

"I am," Shyla quickly nodded her head like an eager child. "I can't sit in this depressing place a moment longer."

"Okay, but it's an in and out kind of thing. We're not going to look around more than we already have to. Find money, food, or anything we could sell to Frankie." Tania said.

Frankie was a male in his late twenties, known for selling stolen goods. Tania met him one afternoon after he saw her shoplifting some foods. His tough look never steered her away from him. Eventually the two got to talking and hit it off and were now dating.

"I don't like Frankie, he gives me the creeps." Shyla fiddled with the plastic that came along with the crackers she had ate.

"Why does he give you the creeps? I don't get that feeling around him." Tania looked up from tying her shoes.

"Well for one, he's a twenty eight year old dating a seventeen year old," Shyla mentioned, giving Tania a look.

"Christ, you remind me of my nagging mom when you look at me like that. Besides, I'm almost eighteen, it's not like we do anything. He knows I don't do anything until marriage," Tania smirked at her.

"Oh please, you're a closet slut that only opens to every guy that calls you pretty," Shyla said, half joking. "Which happens a lot."

"Closet slut?" Tania let out a small laugh.

Shyla looked up at Tania with a slightly annoyed look, "A slut that doesn't want to admit it. How are you my best friend if you can't even figure out my phrases?"

"Damn, who pissed in your cereal?"

Shyla laughed, "I'm just really nervous about going, this will be my first time going with you. What if I screw up? Besides, I didn't eat cereal, I had crackers. Peanut butter crackers to be exact."

Tania put down the bag she always took along with her to these trips and looked at her best friend. The dark rings under her eyes got worse with each week since they had left home and she could notice the extreme weightloss. "You need to eat more than just crackers." Shyla's face was almost the shade of white to where if Shyla told her she was vampire, Tania might believe her for a split second.

"I don't want to eat too much unless we run out of food. I'll eat more when I get back from this little adventure. I promise." Tania wanted to believe her friend and let the discussion drop. Shyla could see Tania in deep thought, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Tania waved her hand away, picking up the light bag, not holding any contents yet except for the things they would need.

Shyla stood up, staring at her friend with a knowing look, "Tania," Her tone was firm.