Kidnapped

Kidnapped

2014 © All Rights Reserved

When Maddie finds a possible way out of her nightmare, will she be able to escape without being caught by the man who has kept her captive?

The orange groves.. It was all my mind could focus on as we drove down the dirt road. I didn't bother focusing on the previous events of the day.. Not the way I was kidnapped in broad daylight or the face of the man who did this to me, it was the orange groves we drove passed. Even through the sedative he injected into my body, I watched the oranges as they turned into blobs.

A single tear fell down my face, knowing I couldn't stop what my fate was. The evil man reached his hand over to my face, wiping the lone tear away. If it weren't for the duct tape keeping me strapped tightly to the seat, I would of smacked his dirty hand away from me. Instead, I jerked my head away.

Despite my effort to keep the distance, he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I could feel the roughness of his finger touching my skin and it made me feel sick to my stomach. When I didn't think I could feel even more disgusted with him, he spoke to me in a voice so calm, it scared me. "We'll be home soon." His voice was the last thing I heard before the sedative started to take over and it knocked me out.

Pain was all I felt when I woke from my sleeping state. My head dangled side to side in front of me while a cold metal gripped my wrists. When my eyes adjusted, I seen the chains that made me connected to the walls of the room I was trapped in. The chains stopped me from walking more than a couple feet away.

As I observed the room I was in, I realized there wasn't much to see. I was alone in this place except the chains that kept me stuck in this room with limitations of where I could walk. A window was to the right of me, mocking me. It was far too tall for me to look out of and with the little distance I could walk, it wasn't enough to reach it.

I looked down at the chains that had me trapped. A key would set me free, but where was it? Surely it couldn't be in this room, it'd be too easy. With my right hand, I grabbed onto the metal on the left hand, pulling and yanking only to come to a conclusion that the way to get these things off of my hands was to get the key or cut my hands off. It became more likely that was I able to cut my hands off than finding the key to get out of here.

The knob on the door began to turn and I closed my eyes, acting if I was asleep. The door opened with an annoying creak, making it hard not to flinch at the loudness of it. Heavy footsteps made their way over to me and while it seemed like forever until he reached me, all I could do was visualize the man.

He looked so normal. Whenever I saw him in public, I never thought he could be capable of doing anything remotely bad. When he asked me for directions, not a single red flag went up about him. But the minute he taken me without a single person seeing him, I realized how easy a person could seem so normal, but be the opposite of what you expected.

"You're not fooling me. Wake up." He said as he grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him when I opened my eyes.

I didn't say anything, just stared at him as he stared back.

"We're going to eat dinner together, I expect you to be on your best behavior." He reached into his pocket, bringing out a key. "If you disobey me, there will be consequences. You understand?" He looked up at me, waiting for an answer or a response of some sort.

I nodded my head.

"I can't hear your head rattle. Speak to me." Annoyance spread through his voice.

"Yes, I understand." I said through clenched teeth. In my head I was imagining myself gouging his eyes out while he begged for my mercy like I begged for my freedom when he stolen me.