Help Me

Help Me

2013 © All Rights Reserved

It's a quiet night and Miranda is about to go to bed, but then she hears someone pleading for help out on her doorstep.

Miranda lounged across her couch, aimlessly scrolling through her TV guide. She let out a groan of frustration and clicked the power button on her remote. "Why isn't anything ever on?" She asked herself, running her fingers through her brown hair.

She listened to sounds from outside. She could hear the wind picking up outside, causing tree limbs to whack themselves against her house. Then there was the occasional stray cat fights outside her house.

Her eyelids grew heavy, slowly closing and opening until she let them droop down over her eyes. A few minutes into her slumber, her phone started to go off, startling her awake.

After realizing her phone was what woke her up, she grabbed it to see a friend of hers was calling. "What do you want Stephanie?"

"Why do you sound like an ogre?" Her friend questioned.

"Your call woke me up." Miranda answered, her face somewhat buried in the pillow she was laying on.

"What are you doing sleeping before midnight?"

"I actually have a job, you know." The more the conversation dragged on, the more she got irritated.

"Jeez. I'm sorry.." Stephanie sounded as if she got in trouble by her parents.

Miranda sat up on the couch, wiping the drool from her chin. "I'm just tired, Steph. I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a complete bitch."

"So I'm guessing that's a no to going out with me tonight?" There was a hint of hope in her voice.

"I think I'm gonna stay in tonight."

"You sure? I haven't left the house yet, so I could swing by and pick you up."

Miranda chuckled, her friend was really holding on to such little hope that her friend would go out tonight on the town with her. "I admire your persistence, I really do, but I just need sleep right now."

"Fine." She let out a sigh. "Next time there's no bailing on me. I don't care if you have an hour left to live, you'll be spending those last moments with me."

"Alright pushy."

"You know it." Stephanie let out a little laugh. "I guess I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing."

"Sleeping." Miranda informed her.

"Yeah, that.. Goodnight. I hope the bed bugs bite you in the ass."

"Night." Miranda hung up, dragging herself off the couch.

She walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass out of the cabinet, then walked over to the sink to get her some water. She looked out of the window above her sink, it showed her front yard. It was dark, she had to squint to see and still, she couldn't see much. Her house was far from other houses, the closest one had to be fifteen minutes away by car. She enjoyed the quiet nights, not having to hear loud parties going on or couples arguing like at her last place.

She scratched the back of her head and began to head down the hall to her bedroom.

Thump!

Miranda turned around, looking at where she heard the noise come from. The front door. She stared at it for a few seconds, expecting to hear the noise again. When nothing happened, she started to walk to her bedroom again.

As she touched her doorknob, an ear-piercing scream made Miranda jump. The scream was followed by more desperate cries for help.

"Help me! Someone help me! He's going to kill me!" A girl's voice cried out. She banged on Miranda's door. "Please! Help me!" She began to sound more helpless. By the fifth time she banged on the door, Miranda was already at the front door unlocking it for the girl.

As soon as she opened the door, the girl ran in and Miranda quickly locked the door shut.

"What's going on? Are you okay? That's a stupid question, of course you're not okay. What's your name, sweetie?" Miranda asked the girl. She was covered in blood.

"My name- my name i-is Angela. My boy-boyfriend tried to kill me with a machete." She answered, trying her best to stop crying.

"I'm Miranda. Let me call the police and we'll get you cleaned up, okay?" Miranda went to reach for her phone when her eyes turned wide. "Where's your boyfriend?"

Angela's eyes mimicked Miranda's eyes, "He was behind me. I never turned around." The words made Miranda's heart stop.

She ran to the kitchen, grabbing two knives from one of the drawers. It wasn't as good as a machete, but it'd have to do. She took a peek outside, she couldn't make out anything in her yard. She let out a shiver and made her way back to Angela.

"Go clean yourself up in my bathroom, it's the second door on the right." She pointed down the hall. "Take my phone, call the police. Here's my address." Miranda handed her an old piece of mail that had her address on it. "Take this." Miranda gave her the second knife she grabbed from the kitchen.

Screech!

The horrid sound echoed throughout Miranda's house. It sounded as if someone were pressing a nail down on a chalkboard and dragging it down, creating a noise that made her grit her teeth together.

"Go lock yourself in my bathroom and do as I said." Miranda told her strictly. "Now!"

Angela ran down the hallway and into the bathroom, locking herself in.

"Angela, I know you're in there!" a deep, husky voice yelled from outside, continuing to make the screeching noise from outside the house. "Baby, I was joking. Come on out." His words made Miranda feel sick to her stomach.

Miranda stood a few feet back from the door, ready to attack this man if he managed to get in.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

It sounded like he was throwing something at her house. "Get the fuck out of here!"

Glass shattered all over the floor as he threw something at the kitchen window. Miranda slowly walked over to investigate what he was throwing, making sure to stay out of view of the window. On the kitchen floor laid a big rock.

Again, he made the screeching noises against her house.

"I'm coming in Angela!" He roared, he sounded like a madman.

He began to beat against the door. She could hear the door begin to weaken, her heartbeat paced up and breaths became short. She didn't know who she was facing up against, all she knew was that he was a very pissed off boyfriend.

Miranda's nightmares turn into reality as she watched the door fly off it's hinges. In walked a tall, buff, trucker looking guy. He had madness in his eyes. In his hand was the machete Angela told her about. He looked around and smiled. "Angelaaaa." He sung her name in a voice that made Miranda get chills.

"Leave her alone!" Miranda came into view so he could see her. He looked over at her and laughed.

"What are you gonna do? Poke me with that puny little thing?" He mocked her knife.

"I'm sure you think you're some big tough guy huh? You're not a man." Miranda heard the bathroom door opening, she wasn't sure if the crazy guy that stood in her living room heard it yet because he hadn't turned around. "You're a sick prick that gets off on hurting girls who can't protect themselves."

Anger took over him, it showed on his face. He lunged himself at Miranda, throwing her to the ground. In all the chaos, she lost her knife. She grabbed the machete with both hands, trying to keep the blade away from her as best as she could. It began to pierce through her skin, making blood drip from her hands.

Angela came up from behind him with the knife Miranda gave her.

"Help me, Angela." Miranda cried out.

"Why would I help you?" A sinister smile grew across her face. Miranda's eyes grew wide, she had been tricked.

"I'll let you do the honors babe." The guy told Angela. He held Miranda down as she kicked and screamed. At one point, she tried to reach for the knife, but Angela kicked it farther away from her. Angela got down, kneeling next to Miranda.

"You guys are sick fucks. You'll burn in hell!" Miranda spit insults at them, fighting for her life, but she couldn't get away.

Angela brought the knife down on Miranda. She coughed up blood, staring into the lifeless eyes of her cold-blooded killers. Her vision faded, as did her heartbeat. Angela reached down, cupping blood into her hands, pouring Miranda's blood all over herself. "Let's go, we have more work to do." Together they left, preparing themselves for the next victim.

Author's Note: Thanks for reading! :) The feedback I get from you guys is amazing, I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did writing it.

Love, Anna.