Guilty

Guilty

2016 © All Rights Reserved

Accusations point towards Kolby in the recent serial killings of the town, but being the obvious choice doesn't always mean guilty.

FBI Agent Justin Keller stood in front of the camera. He grabbed the edges of his jacket, unbuttoning it and buttoning it again. His hand reached to his neck, adjusting the midnight blue tie wrapped under his collar feeling like it was slowly tightening, coiling around his neck so tight to constrict air from getting to the lungs. The red light on the camera in front of him turned on, in that moment all of the nervousness left his body leaving him with a confident demeanor in front of the camera. "I would like to assure the public we're doing everything we can in our power to find this person. We have our best people working on it, but there is some things we want you all at home to do." He cleared his throat, "Do not go out unless you have someone with you. Lock all of your doors. Do not answer the door to anyone you don't know. And please, I urge you to stay away from Vance Vogel Park."

The media standing in front of him went on a frenzy as he finished speaking, "Do you have any suspects?" One shouted.

"We have one in mind." He answered them, regretting it the second he let the words slip from his mouth like a loose lipped teenager always wanting something to gossip about.

"Who?" A woman asked, her voice barely audible through the other voices filled with outrage and confusion.

"You haven't arrested them?" A man roared, "What the hell has the police been doing?"

"Sitting on their asses, I bet." An old man whispered to the angered one currently too busy screaming to pay attention to what the elderly man was saying.

"You say you're doing everything to find them when you already have a suspect. Why not arrest them and bring them in? How long has this person been suspected?" A reporter spoke calmer than the chaos around them.

Keller acknowledged them, trying not to sweat too much under the pressure the public was starting to cause him, "We don't have enough on them to bring them again. We have brought them in once but there's no physical evidence to make any charges. They've been suspected for about a week or so now, but we need to focus our priorities on actual evidence if we want to solve this case." Sweat started to dribble down his forehead in the heat of the sun and building furious attitudes in front of him.

His attention centered on the only calm person in the crowd, the reporter as he could faintly hear other shouts.

"You already solved the case, you're just too much of a bitch to arrest the person!"

"We expect these imbeciles to protect us? Hah, they're nothing but a joke."

"Are you allowed to release the name of the suspect?" The reporter asked.

Keller looked over at the people who were above him in his work, searching for answers from them. One shook their head. He turned back to the crowd, "No, I am sorry. Not until we are certain."

"I know who they arrested and questioned! I was there when they arrested him!" A man, his face almost as round as his stomach, "It was that kid Kolby Molina!"

"Is this true?" The crowd calmed down for a moment to listen to him for the first time since he spoke.

Keller swallowed hard, "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to comment on that. Please just go home and let us do our jobs." He walked away from the camera, away from the adrenaline filled audience. All expressing their annoyances with the work of police.

The reporter turned to the crowd, speaking in an attempt to soothe their frustrations, "We're all scared, yes. But you can't expect them to do their jobs and try to keep most of you from going into a panic if you make it harder on them. Let's respect that they are trying. Go home and lock your houses down. Be with your family." She spoke with caution.