Tear House

Tear House

2016 © All Rights Reserved

It's easy to get a scream out of anyone, but to make someone cry is a challenge. When Ethan opened up his own scare house, he wanted to make sure it was a night no one would ever forget and this year around is no different.

The pamphlet sat in her hands. Though it was the twentieth century where people could pay off others to make it fancy, it was simple. An old, circus styled paper laid in her hands. Big bucks didn't go into making it flashy like most advertisements, but the simplicity of it made it just as appealing and making you want to look more into it. With a beige background and big, bold red lettering that reminded you of when you went to an almost now extinct freak show spelled across the paper TEAR HOUSE. Under were more words, but much more smaller with a logo of the event. Not only will you scream, but you will cry too.

The rest of the paper was filled with dates and times and once you opened it, was more information about the theme and event, the whole design made to look worn out by aging to get that perfect time era they were attempting to imitate, doing a well enough job in the process.

"I'm serious," Tayla remarked after watching her best friend glance over the pamphlet, getting her first impressions in, "this isn't one of those kid houses, it's the real deal."

"Seems like one of those places everyone hypes up then is just really disappointing in the end. Am I really going to waste," Emilia paused to look at the front of the folded up paper to get what she was searching for, "twenty dollars when I can just sit at home and watch something that will at least have some chance at scaring me for free?"

Tayla rolled her eyes and sighed. With one hand brushing back a stray hair behind her ear, she gave a look of pleading to her friend of five years, "Come on, Mili. Do it once, you won't regret it."

She took a second to smile then shook her head and chuckled, "Every time you say something remotely close to you won't regret it, I usually do."

"Trust me." Emilia stared at her friend's big blue puppy dog eyes and held her stance on not wanting to go to the event. Not because of the fear of being scared, but for the fear of not being terrified like she was promised. Much like her mother, she hated wasting money on things she would never be satisfied with, hence her hesitation to want to attend and pay for an experience she wasn't sure she'd enjoy.

"No."

Emilia got up from the bench, every bead of sweat that built up as she sat in the hot sun suddenly felt as if it began to pour down her body. Tayla, noticing the small specks of sweat stains on the back of her shirt remarked, "People describe this place as the sunshine state when they might as call it hell with this kind of heat."

"Tell me about it." Emilia took her shirt off, revealing the tank top she had underneath. "Think I'm going to head home and call it a day. I don't feel like resembling the color of a crab."

Her friend pulled her into a different direction. With a stubborn tone she gave off the vibe that she wasn't going to let Emilia talk her way out, "Noo, you're coming with me and I'm going to make you do it."

"Do what?" Emilia looked dumbfounded for a moment until it registered in her head. She smacked her teeth and groaned, "Really, you're still on that? I don't want to spend money on something I'm most likely not going to enjoy."

Tayla smiled. "You don't have to."

She raised an eyebrow, "Why?" she asked, worried of the reply.

"It's already paid for. I made you a reservation so now you need to go."

"Woah, woah, woah. You need a reservation to get into this place. Why?" Tayla pointed at the pamphlet in Emilia's hand as if to give her all the answers she needed.