Package

Unsure why it unpublished back into a draft, but here's a re-publish. Working on new stories, I promise. :)

Package

2017 © All Rights Reserved

Greed will only lead you into a dark place, choose your needs carefully or else you might find yourself in situation you could have avoided. Life is funny, but scary. It's a real life choose-your-story, choose the right decisions and you will live a long and happy life. Choose the wrong one, which could very much look more appealing than the right one, and you might seal your fate right then and there. It's never too late to choose the right path.. or is it?

Never in my mind did I think what I was doing was a good idea. Maybe good for my adrenaline and selfishness. Did I know I was the kind of human that made people lose faith in the world? That made people's blood boil and want to so desperately wring their hatred filled hands around my neck. Yes, of course I did. But did I bother to stop and think of the situations I could possibly land myself in? No.. I was too caught up in being selfish. The greed inside me manifested into another hungry human being, controlling my impulses. I felt like the small bit of goodness in me was tucked somewhere off to the side, too kind or nice to speak up and learn to make it's own decision. Or maybe I wasn't a good person, at all.. maybe I didn't have that 1% of kindness that I liked to think I have? Everyone has to be good in some way.. right? Of course not.. I've come to realize I am a bad person, but I knew there were worse people in the world. Was that an excuse? No, but it made me feel better about what I was doing.

Now it seems that my bad habits have come to catch up with me, like I was in some marathon in first place, thinking the others were miles behind but in reality, they were right behind me. I was unsuspecting of the terrible side of humanity, even more horrible than my actions. It made me reflect on who I was and how horrible I can be.. Isn't that funny? How we only choose to think of our choices when we know we fucked up big time, when karma comes around to clobber us in the head? Well I think karma caught up to me, struck me dead, and proceeded with overkill.

And it all started with that stupid impulse.. That stupid desire to want to feel a rush from doing something I knew I shouldn't. Because of that dumb greed of wanting what other people had. For being the kind of person who deserved to be in the predicament I found myself in. I could blame the impulsive side of me for this, but I knew my impulsive thoughts are just that, until you lose control and let that side take control of you and manifest inside of you, wanting and needing to do more of whatever gave you the impulse to do what you pleased in the first place. I knew one day something would go wrong, but I never imagined it would be something like this.

I could feel the darkness tickling at my toes then quickly making it's way up to my torso, ripping at any part of me that felt like anything would ever be okay. It was here, to finally get me. My mistakes flashed before my eyes, not my life like everyone mentioned you'd feel in moments of death. I could see every moment I screwed up and it made me regret what I turned myself into.. Then my memory stopped flashing past in bursts, like my mind wanted me to see the biggest moment I messed up. The day I spotted the box.

It was 2:16pm as I sat in my vehicle, the tires slowly cruising down multiple neighborhoods. Fast enough to not be suspicious, but slow enough to be able to see everything without feeling like houses and yards were flying by me. It almost seemed like a ritual on my days off of work, scoping out the houses front porches with hawk-eyed vision, only it was a different neighborhood each time to not make any mistakes. I thought I had it all figured out. But there's always that defining moment when life shows you that you don't know a damn thing.

Nearly at the end of the route, I was losing hope for this neighborhood. My eyes could see the dead end of the street. Circling at the fish bowl at the end of the street when I thought this trip was a bust, my eyes had spotted something. It was hidden from the eyes that weren't seeking, but as a seeker, I could spot it like it was nothing. From months of doing my hobby, I could spot this item like a hunter could spot its prey. In my situation, my prey was a box.