Halloween

Halloween

2014 © All Rights Reserved

There's a man who haunts the night of Halloween and he's here to pay Leilani and her friends a visit.

Paul stumbled over nothing trying to make his way over to Leilani who was talking to her friend Savannah. When he did, he spoke with a slurred voice. "Hey Lei, wanna dance?"

She laughed along with her friend. "Paul, can you even maintain your balance to dance?"

Paul started to spin, attempting a dance move. When he was done, a smile found its way to his face. "See? Didn't even fall."

"I see. Try again." Leilani watched as he followed through with her demand. He fell to the ground within the first few seconds of trying to dance. "Yeah, you're too plastered." She smiled.

"Aww, you're so mean to me." Paul frowned and pretended to cry. "You're lucky I don't tell everyone about our secret relationship." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Her eyes widened. "We do not have a secret relationship!" She exclaimed.

"That's not what I'll tell everyone." Leilani smacked in his arm and he rubbed it. "Ow! I'm just kidding."

Leilani looked at her phone for the time. "It's almost two, I need to be heading home anyways."

"I'll walk with you." Savannah spoke up. "Can I crash at your place? I don't feel like dealing with my boyfriend, he's been in a bad mood all this week."

"Go ahead." Leilani then turned to Paul who had a pouting lip. "See you tomorrow? Well, technically today."

"Why wasn't I invited to the slumber party?" He asked.

"Come on then if you want to stay at my place." Leilani motioned for him to walk with them.

All three of them walked out of the house of loud music, drunk costumed people, and smells of barf and food. The atmosphere outside was different, the air was fresh, the night was quiet with the occasional car passing by them as they walked to Leilani's house. The trick or treaters were already inside, probably gnawing away at their candy.

"If you could choose between being a destructive tiny rhino or a huge nice hamster, which would you rather be?" Savannah asked both of her friends.

Leilani thought about it before answering. "A huge nice hamster."

"A destructive tiny rhino!" Paul piped up.

"What kind of destruct could you accomplish being tiny?" Leilani laughed at his answer.

He shrugged his shoulders. "He could bite your toes off. Try walking after that." He smirked.

"You're a dork." Leilani ruffled his curly hair.

"And you're jealous." He said back.

"Jealous of what?" She asked.

"My rhino." He said as if it were obvious. "Even though you don't want to admit it."

"Please, my hamster could crush your rhino."

The two engaged into a less than serious conversation about why their choice was better, only leaving Savannah with regret for asking the question in the first place.

"Guys." Savannah tried to break up their conversation.

"No! I'm telling you Roderick the rhino is so much better than your hamster." Paul didn't seem to hear Savannah try to speak to them.

"Guys." She tried again.

Leilani spoke up this time. "You named your rhino Roderick? That's even dumber than you thinking your rhino is better than my hamster." She laughed.