Chapter 40

Sean's POV

I came to minutes later, opening my eyes to see Malcolm looking at me in concern. "Hey," he said softly. "I called Jeremy. He's on the way."

"Jeremy's pissed off at me," I mumbled. "And he's an accountant, not a doctor."

"He is?" Malcolm looked confused. "Doesn't he own a bar?"

"We're rich kids, we get the degree just for the sake of it," I answered, head still spinning. "How did you get his number?"

"You have the fingerprint sensor on your phone. I put your finger to it," he explained, looking slightly ashamed.

I blinked. There was so much that could incriminate me on my phone. "Okay," I murmured. Malcolm didn't look angry, only worried. So he hadn't pried through it, just looked for Jeremy's number and called.

"I've been trying to say something," I said to him.

Malcolm shook his head. "You're sick. The lack of substances is getting to you. We shouldn't have quit cold turkey. I had no idea you'd been using for so long."

"I've been doing everything for so long," I muttered. I closed my eyes, exhausted.

Minutes later, I heard a quick knock on the door before a key unlocked the door. I pried my eyes open to see Jeremy rushing towards us.

"Hey, sorry, I let myself in," he said to Malcolm.

"It's okay, you know his bank details, why wouldn't you have the key to his house?" I heard Malcolm mumble. I forced a chuckle and reached out to touch his hand. It seemed like Malcolm would always have a problem with my lack of boundaries with Jeremy.

Jeremy stopped in front of me. "What happened?" he asked Malcolm.

"He fainted. First he threw up, then he just fainted. Thank God he was on the couch already."

I sat up. "I'm literally right here," I said. "You can ask me."

Jeremy kneeled down in front of me and took the wet cloth from Malcolm. He put it to my face, before starting to take off my sweater. I recoiled.

"Sean, you have a fever. You need to get out of your warm sweater."

"I thought you were mad at me," I mumbled.

"I am," he answered. He turned to Malcolm. "Help him get out of his sweater. He'll definitely allow you. I seem to have lost my privileges lately." He paused and grimaced. "Sorry. That running gag should have expired by now."

"It's okay," Malcolm chuckled. He came up to me. "Come on," he told me. I exhaled, and lifted my hands up. He pulled the sweater up and placed it on the coffee table.

"What did you eat today?" Jeremy asked me.

I shrugged. I didn't remember what I'd had at lunch. I was more focused on how Christine was going to rat me out. "Whiskey," I mumbled.

"I took the bottle with me two days ago," Malcolm said to him. "He was drinking too much. Apparently he had another bottle or bought more. I'm getting extremely worried."

Jeremy laughed. "Let me show you something." He led Malcolm to the cabinet where I held my liquor and opened it. Malcolm glanced inside in shock, before turning to look back at me. "And I bet you that it's not the only place where he hides them," Jeremy said. "Check under the bed."

"Leave me alone," I muttered.

"How did I never know about that?" Malcolm asked incredulously.