CHAPTER 23

"Oh sure, I'm Alia Ahuja." by this time even Pujita came to stand with them. She knew about Alia helping someone. Her daughter had told her about that last night.

Laksha felt her heart stop as she heard her name. Unknowingly, she had let he girl meet her family and by now she was sure that Siddharth was standing behind her.

"Thank you, child." She heard Siddharth thank her. God no, and pleaded. For a moment she felt her heart stop. Alia was a well-mannered girl and her husband would definitely like her. She wanted Alia to avoid the same fate she had had.

"Siddharth," she turned around. "We've thanked them but let's not bother them anymore. They are on a vacation too." She sweetly smiled at them and her husband.

Siddharth nodded gratefully at the girl one more time and led his wife away.

"What's wrong?" Siddharth questioned. Leave it to him to figure her out.

"Nothing, I felt bad for interrupting their fun." She answered. A part of it was true.

"But they were just lying down", Siddharth frowned.

Laksha found it cute. For someone being a hugely successful businessman, Siddharth often didn't know common things. She tipped his nose and kissed it, standing on her tippy toes. "Honey, at the time lying down leisurely and doing nothing on a vacation is what people call resting and refreshing."

"Oh," he replied looking down at her.

"Yes," she said smacking him lightly on the chest. "Not everyone works like you!"

"I work to give you the world, Laksha." He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Come on, let's eat your favourite dishes."

********

"Shivani? She did seem nice." Ziagham told Arman acting nonchalant.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Arman laughed. "At least don't lie to me. You like her."

"I do." Not. He sighed. Not at all.

"Great. Then make her yours. What is are you waiting for?"

"I'm trying not to scare her away." He laughed in return. "But don't worry, no else is going to be pursuing her. I made sure of it."

He hung up after saying goodbye and Zaigham kept in the phone in his pocket. Arman was gone and ziagham was bored. Ishaan was a no show as usual.

He watching Shivani from the far end of the canteen. She was alone today but it did not matter to her. She seemed to be reading and enjoying her sandwiches.

"Hey," he went to her table and took a seat.

"Hi," she whispered. He could see her blushing.

"Where is Alia?" Although he knew, he couldn't tell her that he knew. "She has not been around much."

"Her family won a trip to Bali. So she'll be back in a day or two." She smiled. "Are you free for the day? No classes?"

This little nerd, he smiled. "No. In the early days of the semester, the teachers have many things to do, so at times we have free lectures." He honestly told her. "Your are free too, right? Do you want to go out and eat?"

Shivani loved eating out but it was Alia that as her ride. "I would love too but I don't have a vehicle for it."

"I do, I have my car. Come on, let's go. We'll go to a fast-food joint." He smiled getting up.

Shivani did too. She packed her books and stood up with her bag, she followed him. He walked along with her.

He opened the door to her car and then started driving. With him in a closed space, she could actually smell his cologne and damm, it was addicting. And he was too.

"So what do you want to have?" He asked, glancing at her while driving.

"Anything with fires!" Shivani immediately answered. "I love those!"

Zaigham laughed happily. He liked a girl who ate. "Fine, I know just the place."

He opened the door to the shop and then even took out a seat for her. He opened the menu and both of them started looking.

"Decided?" He asked, keeping his own.

"Yes," she ordered as the waiter came and so did Zaigham.

"So, have you ever dated?" He asked to the point.

Shivani panicked was that what it was? Was this a date?

"No, I haven't." She whispered hurriedly. "I not really interested in this."

"That's because you hadn't met me," he smiled. "But now you have." He said with a charming smile making her smile as well.

"Yeah," she shyly whispered.

"So, when did you meet Alia for the first time?" He asked taking a sip of his coke.

"Oh, Class five. We were in the same school but when our sections changed and we were thrown in the same class, we became friends." Shivani could remember it as it happened yesterday. Alia was annoyed on something and turning to Shivani she just babbled not caring if she knew her or not.

"So, she likes fries like you too?"

To Shivani, he did not seem intrusive. In fact, Alia was like a common topic to talk about that she definitely knew.

"Alia.." She repeated thoughtfully, "what she eats depends on her mood. If she is sand, then it's something sweet to drink or eat and if she is angry then something that can be eaten quickly and if she is just hungry, then probably something desi, like North Indian platter." Her babbling didn't stop. She seemed to have a lot to talk about and Zaigham had no problem listening.

"She is a peculiar person, now isn't she?" He watched the woman in front of him continue to talk. "Oh Alia, Oh Alia, oh Alia..."