CHAPTER 15

Alia didn't say anything for a few moments. Shivani was leaving and an year would pass by in no time. College was suppose to be with her friend and now after an year, she would be leaving. That was not fair.

"What are they planning?" Alia asked Shivani about her parent's plan.

"Citizenship in Australia." Shivani answered. "They have been working there and given the skills and time invested, they are eligible for it."

Alia nodded not really waiting to say anything and Shivani understood that. Alia was not going to talk until she wanted to.

*******

Arman was not a guy who would sit down and think about something while staring off into the blue. He wasn't a wanderer but he took walks at midnight in the garden at the estate. How could someone change so much after meeting that one person who he didn't even know had existed.

Chuckling into himself, he scratched his neck and thought about her. God the black hair she had, they were healthy and he could tell that she took care of them. Her brown eyes were so enchanting and the lips, God knew that he could kiss them all the time. The neck, he wanted to bit it, suck it and kiss it at the same time. God he was obsessed with her and he knew it. She was a beauty and he knew to cherish that.

Laksha was looking at him from the door of his bedroom, the random chuckles and then smiling out of the blue, she knew what he was up to. God forbid she'll let that happen again. Hastily moving away, she walked to her bedroom where her husband was working.

"Siddharth," she whispered as she closed the doors.

"What's wrong?" Seeing his wife worried he sprang into action.

"H―he I think he is... Like um.." if she said it to him then he would make sure that the girl would be the future daughter in law of this house. That was a risk she was not willing to take.

"Laksha, love, what do you want to tell me?" Siddharth didn't want the delicate woman in front of him to be worried over anything as long as he was alive.

"I think you and I and Arman should go on a vacation." She answered.

"What?" He chuckled, "that's it? Honey, its okay, I'll sort out some urgent work and then we'll go next week, yeah?"

"Yeah." She breathed out.

Maybe sometime away would help him realise things from a different angle. Also she could find out more about her and the girl could use the rest too. 

"So have you decided?" Siddharth spoke makng her jump up from his sudden voice. 

"Huh?" 

He looked into her eyes, unsure of what was wrong with her. "The destination?" 

"Oh Bali is good. I think there." Siddharth nodded and took out his phone, ready to make the arrangements already. 

Laksha excused herself and walked back into her son's room. This time she purposely made her flip flops echo. 

"Hey mumma," he acknowledged without looking up, already knowing who it was. 

"Hi baba," she sat down on his bean bag, "So we're going to Bali for a little unwinding, is that okay with you?" 

Arman looked up not giving away about what he felt. She hated that he had inherited that from his father. "Okay ma, tell me when to pack." 

She snorted in return, "you mean tell me, when to pack." Arman never did his packing. He couldn't be trusted to do so.

He snorted back, "You are getting old, woman." 

"Hey still 42!" She glared at him. "Don't make me take off my sandals and hit you!"

"You're wearing flip flo—OW!"

******

Alia was reorganising her wardrobe. Now, she was not a clean freak or a well organized person. She did it when she wanted to clear her head. Shivani's words were still stuck in her mind. Her friend was leaving her alone and if she was going to be a citizen in another country, why would she come back just to meet Alia?

Shivani could only come back when her parents allowed it or until she started earning on her own so that she could book a flight on her own but that would take years. So it was real, shivani was going away and there was nothing she could do about it.

Alia closed her wardrobe and gently put her head against the wood. She breathed in and out and continued to do so. A sob escaped her, she sniffed hard trying to control her sadness inside. She sniffed again but another cry escaped making her feel frustrated. She slapped the wood and moved away, speed walking to the bathroom.

She locked the door, kept the water running and cried. She cried with all the feelings she felt. Loud and ugly cries came from her. The inner little, insure and sensitive girl kept crying about what was happening. How every year something or someone was taken away from her.

She cried to her hearts fill but then got up and took a piece of tissue paper and blew her nose. Small sobs and sniffs were still echoed in the walls of the bathroom. She splashed water on her face, twice and then thrice and finally closed the water tap.

Massaging her face a bit, she looked in the mirror and found a girl looking back at her, similar to what she saw two years ago. Alia breathed in and out loudly.

"People leave, Alia." She chanted her mantra. "Let them go."