CHAPTER 51

Aliya hurriedly walked to the parking lot and unlocked her car. She took a seat and leaned against the seat with the Sigh. She had a narrow escape. Maybe she didn't, maybe he was never going to see her in the first place.

Aliya wondered how could she not recognise the girl that he had once spent a whole day with. But then again, that had been in the past and Alia had moved on with a heavy heart.

It was life. She had to move on.
She ran a hand on her face dragging her skin with it. She was so done for the day. she placed her bag on the back seat and then switched on the car and drove home, she had chosen to take the car instead of the metro.

She took the best of out and took the left to the 15th floor, close the door behind her and then sighed in relief. She was finally home and it was over.
Glancing at the clock she knew that it would take more than 10 hours for her brother to call and inform them that he had landed.

She sighed again as she looked around the two-bedroom apartment where she stood alone on a Friday night.

This was life now.

*********

"Hi," she said as soon as someone open the door. "I am here to look at the puppies you listed online."

The woman nodded and called her in. Just as Alia walked in she was greeted by an army full of a small puppy running here and there, some even by her feet.

"Take your pick." The woman smiled as she brought a glass of water. "the price is non-negotiable and we discussed that on the phone."

Alia nodded. She held out her hand and everyone came to her almost instantly. She sat down completely and watched them play with each other when she felt a slight prick.

Looking over she saw one biting her toe. "Hmm," she picked...him up and said, "I think I'll adopt this one."

With a little puppy along, she was at the pet store shopping for him. She had to get him to the vet too.

"Are you sure about that?" She turned around to look, "That's puppy can't eat something like that."

She turned to look at what was in her hand. A plant-based brand.

"No, no," she shook her head. "I don't even know what I am holding it." She spoke honestly while keeping it back and then focusing on the man who had a cart filled with dig food. "Wow, what breed?" She asked in wonder. Who would eat that much? She then looked at him again. He was sure a piece of art.

"That same as you." He pointed to the one she had.

"A German shepherd?" She frowned. "Should I buy that too?"

He shook his head, causing his hair to undo from the style and fluff up a bit making her stare at them. He was attractive.

"No, if you can give them homemade meals, that are better but when you want to skip or don't know how to, as I do, you give them the diet." He pointed at his food.

"Ah," she nodded looking back at his hair. She had to know what products he was using. Would he tell her?

"He is your first dog is he not?" She nodded. He was.

"Maybe you would want to search his diet first. Then, if you want, I can recommend some training centres where you can find him with the help of others."

"Train— Oh." Shit, I hadn't thought that far.

He nodded back and then just as he was going to ask her something that she knew what it was she opened up and said instead, "Instagram handle? We need to keep in touch right?"

He nodded and took out his phone doing just as she said. When she was in a relationship with Armaan people tended to steer clear from her way but in these past 5 years, she had come across every technique to ward off men without offending their nonexistent pride.

Funny, how even still after 5 years he just managed to slip into her conversations.

He recommended the pet shop too.
"You're not from Delhi, are you?" He squinted his eyes at her.

Instead of hiding the truth, she nodded her head. "I'm not. How'd you know?"

He smiled, Something about it that only he knew. "You're too nice." He winked and stepped back, "I'll see you on Saturday, tomorrow. With that puppy." Waving, he turned around and left.

Odd, she mused. But nice, at least he did not relentlessly pursue her instead took the signal and kept it short.

She won't mind another meeting with him.

She drove back home, listening to the yapping of the dog. She picked him up again and carried him to her apartment upstairs only to come to a stop when she saw someone standing at her door.

"I knew it was you." He said with shock evident on his face. "I fucking knew it was you."