CHAPTER 36

He fed her most of the time and that was from his plate. She'd have two bites from her own and then the third one came from him. The intimacy was felt. It was the best feeling to be cared for. 

And that was happening on repeat.

"Don't lie to me, Alia." He said after some time. "I can tolerate anything from you but lies and betrayal."

"Woah, Woah, Woah," she put her fork down. "Hold up. When did I lie or betray you, in fact, when did I ever give you that vibe?" Betrayal? Where did that come from all of sudden? 

He leaned back and folded his arms across his chest. His warm and adoring expressions are gone. "When you said that you were going to go home instead you appeared to be in a restaurant." His eyes had turned shrewd. 

She scoffed, "See, there I did not lie. I was going to go home but Abhinav bought a new car because of which he wanted to treat us all and I agreed." She explained. "Like everyone else."

"Did you text your mother about it?" He asked to which she denied. She had not. 

"Did you agree?" He mocked coming back to their earlier conversation. "And couldn't you tell me about it? Was sending me a quick text about your change of plans that a big problem for you?"

She sighed aggressively shaking her head. "What's the point of this conversation? Even if I did, it won't have mattered."

"Yes, it would have." He argued. "Your mother is hours away from here and you're not familiar with your father's side of family anymore which leaves your brother who is practically underage and cannot come to your aid immediately." He didn't blink as he hissed at her leaning forward, "So what would happen when he doesn't see you at home or you don't arrive in time, he is going to call your mother, who is going to call you and when you don't pick up she's going into hysterics." He explained.

Aliya was used to the warm and adoring expressions that he always had whenever he was with her. This time when he scolded her unlike many others, it was cold and calculating and she hated every moment of it. He stared at her without any expressions on his face and any emotions in his eyes. It scared her.

"Arman-"

"Tell about what would happen next," he didn't wait for her and continued, "the next thing your mother is going to do is call your friends and even they won't know where you are because for them you left for home. Your mother would take hours to drive here and then search for you and by that time for a person who has the problem of blood pressure you can expect how much of a hike she would be suffering." He then poked her head with his finger as her eyes practically glistened over, "and that's all because you wanted to have fun."

"I didn't mean it like that." She whispered, her tears ready to fall at any moment. "It wasn't that big of a deal." She shook her head as she lowered her eyes. 

"It never is." He shook his head still not giving her the way out of this. "That's all where it begins." He pointed out with his index finger. "You should be more careful." 

Now it seemed too much. "Really?" She huffed feeling snubbed and stood up for herself, "and please tell me this, so if I would have texted you how is it that you have known where I was or if I safely reached home or not?" She glared at me with her unshed tears. "That's rich coming from a guy whom I ask nothing from."

"And that's not my problem." He surrendered. "Haven't I always asked you about your plans and then tell you about mine too?" He defended, "that means you haven't paid attention to anything that I say."

Shocked by his words she couldn't help but raise her voice a bit, "I don't get it, how is everything coming back to being my fault?" She pointed at herself, "you are spinning everything back at me." Everything came back to her and it made her faulty. 

"Am I?" He sighed. "Well, I apologize. It's just you are girlfriend and-"

"And that's exactly that." Alia put her foot down on this one, "I am just your girlfriend. I am not your wife, we don't have to act like we are the only ones that will stand with each other against the world. It's going to be our families, it's going to be the next to us when we suffer from anything, big or small, doesn't matter. when we receive a blow from something they are going to be the ones that stand behind us and face the aftermath of it. We won't to the ones calling each other, if we suffer from anything, then we would be calling will be our families." She breathed heavily from her rant yet she stayed determined. "I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your concern but you don't get to put me down like that." Her voice broke at the end. She stood up, grabbed her purse and put fifteen hundred rupees on the table, and left.

"..wife.." he muttered looking at her figure waking out. Soon.