CHAPTER 73

There it was. The hospital.
She got out of the car without the help of Amran. She was too scared for this and could not even function properly.

She glanced at her hands. They were shaking slightly. She closed them in a fist and sighed. She could do better, much better than this. She had dealt with this three times, she was kind of pro.

She placed them back on her sides and stood bravely and with a stiff structure as she would if the National anthem of her country was being played.

Oh god, I can't do it. She couldn't. She was breaking down on the inside and she had no idea for how long she could hold on to the Bravery she had.

It was almost gone. Sometimes it felt like she had used up all of a courage and bravery and now she was left with nothing but dread and fear inside. The fear only kept on spiking up given that now only living family member was in a hospital.

A warm hand enveloped her and she immediately looks to whom it was. "Arman." She breathed out. For once it was good to have a support to whom she did not need to be strong in front of.

He smiled, a tight lipped one, but he did. His and came to her face and appreciated the want it brought to her.

"How about you let me handle it while you talk to your brother?" He offered and she bit her lip slightly, thinking about it. "That is only if you think you can do it. I completely understand if you want to prioritise your brother. I do not want you to space out while the doctor is telling you something important."

Space out? She swallowed her own spit at the thought. To be honest they were chances that she would tune out the doctor and completely focused on her brother who she was sure was going to be lying down on a bed and it would only add more to he fear.

"Maybe, you should do it." She agreed, slight reluctant but eventually gave in because she did not want to miss out anything that the doctor was telling them. And she knew that there was a slight probability that she might and completely focus on Shaan.

He nodded and with his hand on hers, they both walked inside Ziagham trailed behind them.

"Don't be nervous," he gently spoke in her ear, "it is OK to cry. But I would tell you to be strong in front of him."

I-I can't be strong, how much strong and for how long am I supposed to be strong for?" She croaked out. The smell of disinfectants was reaching her nose and it only brought her back to the reality that her brother was inside the hospital.

The receptionist told them where exactly was and within moments they stood
outside his room.

She opened the door and there he was. "Hi," she whispered, biting her lip to control the tears, to the boy who laid there watching her with a smile forming on his face.

"Hi," he whispered out, grinning at her like an idiot.

She gulped and stepped closer to him. She slowly placed her fingers ober his hand and then held it in his. He was real.  He was real and in a hospital.

"How are you?" She took a seat at the chair provided next to his bad and just kept her hand over his. If anything she did not want to cause any sudden movements and have him in pain.

"Alia," she heard Arman call and turned her body towards him, "I'm going to be the doctor, alright?" He was standing next to her and had bent down.

When she nodded, he winked at Shaan and then left.

"Naughty, N-naughty," shaan teased immediately and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You want to tease me when you cannot even talk properly?" She chided, "Get better first at least."

He chuckled, it was barely heard as he was not able to talk loudly. Alia then proceeded to observe his injuries. His arm was fracture from what she could see from the outside and his head was wrapped around in numerous bandages.

She saw him notice her looking at him which is why instead of chiding him again she said, "They cut off your hair."

"I know," he whined immediately. " It's going to take so long for it to come back. I think I will have new hair growth products."

She gave him a small tearful smile. " I—"

"Hello, it's time for—"the bruse stopped short when she saw Alia sitting there, " Oh, I'm sorry, it was the time for his medicines."

"It's fine." Alia stood up and walked out as she gave Shaan a kiss on the cheek. When she found herself out of the room she did not make a move to find where Armaan was. Instead she sat down on the waiting chair with her head in her hands.

Watching her own brother in a hospital with bandage is wrapped around his head was petrifying. It was frightening for her to the bone and she did not know how to react to it. She did not have the money and Armaan could easily refuse her if the operation cost too much.

"Oh god," she groaned into her hands. Maybe she might have to sell kidney all her liver but she was going to make sure that her brother was going to be alright.

"Hey," a hand came on her shoulder and she looked up.

She blinked and sighed, "Hi Zaigham."

He nodded and handed her a small paper cup of water. "Armaan is talking to the doctor but to relieve you from the stress, I will tell you this that it is nothing to serious. In fact we can have the operation done back in India."

Sudden weight was lifted off her shoulders and the visibly sagged down. " Really?"

He looked at her, staring into those deep brown eyes and nodded. "Yes, really."

"