CHAPTER 72

The air was chilly and she felt herself shiver not from the cold but from the nervousness that she was feeling. She pulled her coat around her tighter.

"It's not even that cold," she heard Zaigham say, "why are you nervous Alia. Everything will work out perfectly well."
She gulped and gave him a small smile, "I think I can only come down when I finally get to see Shaan."

Arman came to stand with them as a car drove to a stop in front of them. Armaan opened the door for her as she took a seat and Zaigham took the one next to the driver as Armaan rounded the car and came to sit beside her.

"We cannot go to the hospital right now. It's the middle of the night. Tomorrow morning as early as we wake up and have a breakfast we shall leave for the hospital immediately."

Alia glance down at her watch. The first singer mom had done was change the time zones on her phone and in her watch. They were a good 7 hours to the morning and that was too much for her to bear while being in the same country as her injured brother. If this was in India then she was never leaving the hospital be it day or night.

"But 6 hours is too much—"

"Alia," he chided and took a hold of her chin gently, "We know what we're doing alright? There is no point in going there is no one can attend towards the way we want."

She tsked and looked away. It was hurting to admit but he was right fullstop why would she go to the hospital when most of them would not be there? They were specific people that she wanted to talk to and at the night it was a given that Shaan would be sleeping as well so there was no chance for her meeting him.

They were driven to The Chelsea Hotel and Alia gawked at the sight.

Talk about luxury!

"Come on," Arman once again opened her door and held her hand as he walked inside and both, Zaigham and he checked in.

Alia too, gave her ID as asked, within moments they were given the keys.

Alia peeked on the desk were the receptionist had placed too keys and how each man took one.

She frowned, where was hers?

She was pulled to his side and they boarded the lift.

"All okay?" He whispered in her ear ans she blushed immediately.

"Y-yesh," she stuttered and looked to the front. God!

The doors and she breathed in relief.
"Alright, night you all." Before they could say anything, Zaigham was already in his room leaving the other two alone.

She turned to look at him and held out her hand.

"What?" He rose a brow at that.

She blinked on shock for a quick second, "Why my keys of course." She answered.
He scoffed and turned to the door in front of Ziagham's room and swiped the card before entering.

She watched him enter.

"Do you want to stand out the entire night?" He spoke from the door, staring at her with a tired face.

She shook her head quietly.

"Then come in."

She did. There was a small her grand living room inside and then there was small kitchen and two doors. "So where am I staying?" She muttered out. Why am I so shy? She wanted to pinch her cheeks.

"There," he pointed to the door. "That room is yours. I won't come in without your permission, so do not lock the door." He gave her a pointed look but without thinking anything about it, she just nodded and walked to their room.

The bags arrived moments after and with a knock, Arman delivered hers.
She threw herself onto the fluffy bed and just sighed. Maybe sleep would be kind enough to keep her company tonight.

*******

It didn't. That bitch only came in office hours. She tsked in irritation as she covered her dark circles with a concealer. Shaan should see tbe best of her when she arrived. The boy didn't need to take any tensions for her.

She stepped out of the room dressed already and found him on a call.
It was a low murmur that he was talking in and Alia could not help herself but try to listen in on what was going on.
His eyes met hers on the reflection of the mirror. He spoke something more and then hung up.

He knew she was listening in.
"Are you ready for today?" He asked and she nodded hurriedly.

"Let's go to the hospital." She said and took a step closer to the door when she heard his voice.

"Breakfast Alia," he chided with sigh, " we are not goign there hungry and I talked with the doctor. He is not coming in until ten."

She glanced at the clock. It was half past eight. "It's too much Arman. I can't stay here and wait for that much time."
"And you barely slept last night." He added. "I heard you. You could have come to me."

She didn't reply. Her eyes had already started building up the tears.

"Oh, Alia," within seconds Arman Crossed the distance in between them and hugged her close as she let out the sob. "Don't, baby."

"We n-need to gho," she choked on her words, barely able to talk, "we need to an-and check at him. I can't stay . ."

He continued to rub her back and sighed thoughtfully. "Would you eat at the hospital then? Until the doctor comes?"
She nodded and sniffed again.

"Let's go then." He said and kissed her forehead before they walked out.