CHAPTER 86

She kissed Zaigham.

Alia hissed louldy. What was I even thinking?!

How much she even so stupid to do that?   Where was her mind and why did the hell did not say no to this.  Aliya could not believe that she actually went along with their without realising what was happening. She wondered what would have happened if his phone did not ring.

She sighed and leaned on the seat even more. By the time Ziagham was finished talking to whoever he was on the phone with he told Alia that her driver had arrived.

And of course Alia had to start running then and there. She avoided any sort of confrontation with him and just as quickly he told her about the driver reaching the hospital she grabbed her stuff, kissed her brother's hand and walked out of the door.

It was late in the evening. The driver had arrived when the exact time the visiting hours of the hospital were over. The gates to the huge mansion opened and the driver stopped in front of the entrance as he opened her door.

"Thank you," she smiled a little at the man thanking for the service he had given her as she walked in front of the entrance only for her puppy to start  jumping on her leg.

"Hi, casper." She smiled and picked him up, scratching his chin and then behind the years.

"Hello child," Laksha came from the kitchen and pulled her into a hug. "How are you?"

"Good," Alia answered as she cherished the hug. It was well needed after sitting outside the operation theatre for continuously five hours.

Laksha pulled away, "And Advik?"

Alia stretched her lips as she let the pup go. "It was good and successful. For now they are going to keep him in an induced coma because they have to monitor brain activity. That is anything arises we would be . . . alerted."

Laksha's heart throbbed at at the sight of the young girl looking so saddened. "Don't you worry," she rubbed Alia's shoulder, "nothing is going to happen to the boy and we would make sure if it. Now, would you like to go and take a small nap before dinner?"

Alia thought about it. If she took a nap now she won't be able to get up for dinner. So it was no use of taking one. She shook her head. "I'll just take a quick shower."

Laksha gave her a nod as she started to move to her. Alia closed the door to her room as the first thing before taking out some new clothes from her wardrobe. She did not go for jeans but rather a kurta and pyjama made from cotton. It seemed like the best option for now.

Washing herself off with slightly hot water seemed to be the best option. It gave her sore muscles some release before she turned it to cold and washed her hair.

Today was difficult and she could see that on her face.

She walked back down stairs after getting dressed and applying some moisturizer on her face. If she sat on the bed now Alia knew that she would doze off for sure.

Siddharth was sitting in the living room with Jagriti when she arrived and Alia greeted them before taking a seat.

It was obvious that both of them knew what had gone down with her brother but she was happy that they did not comment on the recovery.

Alia smiled at the puppu in Siddharth's lap. Casper and Siddharth seemed to have a special bond.

"Dinner's ready!" Laksha called out as she brought the dishes out with the maid. Everyone along with little Casper stood up and walked to the dining table. Casper sat in between the legs of Siddharth under the table.

Great, her dog loves someone else more.

"Alia," Jagriti began and did not take a bite of the food, "now that Advik is going to be discharged soon, what are you going to do about his recovery?"

Alia gulped totally unexpected question when Laksha tutted, "Mum, maybe not now?"

"No, no," Jagriti muttered as she looked at her daughter-in-law, "I have to know now because the girl is tired and after this you will be sleeping. And I I am sure that after tomorrow it's going to get busy for her."

Jagriti looked at Alia and continued, " after all if you are going to hire a live in nurse because you cannot take care of the boy yourself you will have to look for a job."

Alien you should not have to look for a job just to make sure that she could pay for the nurse but also that she had to pay this family back for what they had done for her.

"I. . Uh. ." She stammered. What was she to say to this? Finding a job was not going to be easy but the recommendation letter that she have received would be helping her. That was no it, it was still going to be extremely tough.

Jagriti sighed loudly. "You have to think ahead child. Taking care of someone who has had a neuro surgery is not easy."

Alia nodded and she nibbled on her bottom lip. She knew that. And now her bank account was practically empty and she knew that she could not even pay a month salary to the nurse. The other option was she stayed at home and took care of her brother herself but finding stay at home jobs were extremely difficult.

The chair beside her scraped and she is so Armaan next to her. He had arrived silently but he was already looking at her, "Did you tell them?"

"Tell them what?" She repeated.

He shook his head and turned to look at everyone. "I proposed Alia and she said yes." He then look at his father who's head snapped up. "We will be getting married."

"