CHAPTER 47

Arman sighed and leaned back into his chair. Office work was tiring and now he understood why his father was happy whenever they greeted him at home. The old man was happy listening to their stories and adventures forgetting about the monotonous tasks he carried out during the entire day.

He didn't have children or a family of his own yet but what he had was Alia. He pulled out his phone of charging and opened Snapchat, he was not an active user but Alia had a tendency to snap everything and send it to him which he was grateful for. It made him feel included in her life and her day.

He frowned as he dragged the screen once again trying to reload. Her last snap had been opened by him and there was nothing that she had sent him in the past two hours which was rare.

Sighing he kept the phone down. Since his mother was coming in today she had taken a day off and nobody from the college tells him what she was doing or she was.

Armaan now was considering having people behind her for her safety and insanity. At least they would make sure that earlier was safe and keep informed about her whereabouts.

"Sir," his secretary knocked and came in after Arman's permission. "The field you asked for. What about the deal with Singh's corp?"

Arman shook his head. "If they cannot give me what I want, then they can leave. Now materials from my side."

He collected all the files and placed them together and organised his table in a hurry as his time for the day was up. He was eager to go home and get out of this office where he felt like his soul was dying.

The driver was already waiting for him as he stepped out of the office with employees who greeted him left and right.

it was kind of nostalgic about how he used to drive his car with Alia next to him and sometimes his friends and now how he was driven around by a driver in a crisp suit waiting for the day to be over instead of thinking where to go tonight, he was dreaming for his bed.

Even though Armaan had not planned to take his father's business this early he knew that we have to plan for his family that he was going to be with Alia and that started now.

He would give her everything that she could ever want without even stepping out of the house or the bed. Everything would be ready for her.
For his queen.

He got out fo the car and kissed her mother's cheek who was sitting in the living room.

"How was your day?" She smiled warming his heart. "I made your favourite."

His father scoffed immediately. "That's rich. It uses to be mine and now, every day, it's his."

Laksha laughed at that. "I made yours when you were going to the office. Now you sit home all day and munch."

He frowned in return. "I just didn't find what to do." He defended himself.

"You could help me at the-"

"Not happening." He cut Arman off. "I am not helping you."

Laksha sighed. "Yes Baba, he won't help you. But he would check every tap in this house, then every light blub and even see if the card is being treated probably." She glared at her husband. "You are scaring my staff with those checks. Back off and go back. Retirement isn't suiting you."

Arman why now had taken off his suit and was sitting next to his mother with his head on her lap.

His father shook his head still adamant about it. "Maybe not retirement but as a holiday. I think it has been long overdue since I have taken one without trying to work ahead and trying to make up for it after the vacation."

Laksha hummed as she ran her ran through her son's hair. "Now that I think about it, we can go to a hill station preferably Darjeeling for this week."

Siddharth smiled and agreed. "Done, I'll get the plane tickets."

Arman sighed. His parents were going out but at the same time, Alia's had come back.

*****"**

He had in his study, recently made after he had joined the office and a glass of whiskey.

"How's the girl?" His father asked a glass in his hand as well and sat on the adjacent sofa.

Arman nodded. "It's alright but the sooner we marry the better it would be."

Siddharth smirked. "You let her decide what to get for you when the opposite should happen." He drank a sip. "if you want to marry her then marry her. Many women are studying in college while being married."

Arman shook his head. "I want to. But I don't want her to feel forced into any of this. I want to choose this life with me."

"And what if she doesn't?" His father threw at him. "I have chosen not to carry out any responsibilities of the office life to make you learn that it never goes the way that you have planned. It will rarely go that way." He shook his head. "the society that you work in is the same society that we live in. So learn your lessons and try to apply them everywhere."

The same shall that a man had felt a few days ago ran to his fine as his father's words made sense to him. She was his love of life and future bride. There was no other truth except this.
And if there was, he was ready to change fate.

"That's not doing to happen," he denied immediately and swallowed the rest of his drink. I have made sure that she feels nothing but love towards me and at the end of the day if she thinks that she can deny marrying me then she is dead wrong." He stood up and sighed, "That is something that I've made sure of will happen."