CHAPTER 54

"Wait, so you did everything, alone?" Shaan's voice gave Alia the idea that he was more than worried about her without even having her see his face.

She chuckled as she replied, "Shaan, you talk as if we had a lot of stuff that was to be moved. I just brought the beds and our clothes and cause we never bothered to buy decorations I did not have to bring back those so the rest was the crockery and a few other things." She waved her hand at that. "Also I will buy a new sofa set which would go with everything." She pointed at walls, "It would look good."

"Hmm, but wasn't the job at Delhi good? You were scared to come back before." He frowned and then gasped. "Did you get fired? You—are we poor now?!"

Fucking idiot. She sighed and shook her head. "No, I got a better job offer. That's how it works. You leave places when you find a better workplace with a good income."

"What are you eating?" She eyed the screen of the laptop and her first pet dog was practically drooling. Even chief, her German Shepherd, sat with patience while waiting for his food.

"Salad, daal and rice." She took a bite, "You know how to cook. I made sure that you would know how to cook on your own." She did. Shaan had been cooking and knew his way around the kitchen. He had to survive without her so she made sure that he knew everything about cooking and not just the basics.

"I do but mine doesn't taste better." He whined. "Parcel me some?"

"Continue acting like that and they would deport you back. Trust me, I am not dealing with an idiot back from another country."

"Too cruel for my heart, you are sister." He fired dramatically placing a hand over his heart.

***********

She had been welcomed into her new office and with the position she was now at, she easily got control over the interns. Oh, how she wanted to make their lives hell like hers was.

But she didn't.

She kept her distance from everyone to a certain level. She was fine alone.
But the only shocking fact was the cabin she received. How could she receive one? She wasn't that high but an assistant to the manager here and they didn't usually get an individual cabin.

But to avoid everyone's eye, she had the shutters down. It was her personal space now.

She was busy handling the stack of flies given to her. It was already mid-day and three days since she had started working here but the workload had been double which explained why a cabin was given to her and a good hike in salary.

She sighed and closed the file, to be placed on top of the first one. Then she counted the ones kept on the table which were due.

"Oh, god," she cried out of frustration, "This won't end today." One file had taken her one and a half hour. The rest seven would kill her.

She glanced at the clock. Maybe I could take an early lunch break, twenty minutes early would be good.

But it's my first week. I can't do that. and to do justice to her reason the lunch break they received was for an hour at least. So there was no use in taking it now.

A knock came on her door making her lookup. "Yes?" She asked the person to come in. That was a secretary and she was of a higher official.

"Hi," she smiled, "I know that you are new here and you did not get to meet the boss the first day on your orientation like many others, so the boss is having one on one meet with them and you're next, so do you mind coming with me?"

Oh, with how polite she was being Alia could never refuse her even if she asked for her firstborn.

"Sure," Alia stood up. "Wait I'm next?" She panicked immediately. "Are you—" one on one sessions meant that he was questioning thee new employees.

"No, no, someone is in there. You have wait for a few seconds or minutes at least." She smiled a bit sheepishly. "I don't want the boss to wait so I called you early just like I am going to do with the next person when you're in the meeting with him."

"Ah", Alia nodded and followed her to the lift as she pressed the button.
She waited anxiously, not knowing who she was going to meet. Nonetheless, had her head held high with confidence.

She took a seat in the waiting room as she waited for the person to come out and go in.

"Thank you, sir." A man came out and Alia stood up but the secretary shot her a look telling her that he was not the boss.

She moved in and announced Alia's arrival informing the boss about who she was.

She came out and whispered, "You have to wait inside. He's on a call in the adjacent room. Take a seat and he'll arrive."

Alia Ahuja nodded and moved inside. She looked around the cabin that was much bigger than hers. There were even windows from which she could not help her self and move forward to peek.

The whole industrial area could be seen. Several buildings, all offices, could be seen from this view as this was one of the biggest buildings.
She turned around and her eyes came to the desk which was clean and organised. Nothing like hers.

Wait, her.

That, on one of the picture frames, was her with Arman.