CHAPTER 59

She looked taken back for a second as she heard him scoff. "I said something."

"Thank you for acknowledging it."
She huffed and looked away. He was purposely dodging her. "We haven't been in contact for the past five years. How have you been expecting this relationship to continue?"

He continued to sit on the seat as it was his throne. He was looking at her. His eyes had changed for the worst. No one could stare at them. They had to lower their eyes with how they looked.

But Alia didn't. She held his stare and matched it.

"Did you ever say the words for a breakup?" He said as they held each other stare. His eyes were cold and calculating and Alia could tell that he was in the mood for business.

"Wasn't it obvious?" She threw back, defensive of herself and the vulnerable state she was in five years ago. "We have not had any contact for the past five years. What makes you think we were still on?" Five years apart with no communication meant that.

He merely blinked as he answered, "That none of us moved on. Did you think I would have let you go? I have been watching over you for the past years love. Do you how many times you have gone out late like an idiot in a metropolitan city?" He titled his head.

Her cheeks burned at that as her eyes lowered for a second. That was true, she had often done that unknowingly because she had been used to the idea of Chandigarh and how people knew her there.

Delhi was the complete opposite. No one cared or bothered until asked to.
"That was a mistake—"

"That happened more than five times in a year, Alia." He pointed his finger at her. "Time and again, and if only you knew the dangers of what could have happened."

She didn't have to be told about that. She knew what she had done miraculously survived.

"Ah." Laksha came out while she was still crying her hands. "I was quick—You two talked. The air is too thick for me to breathe in." She concluded.

Alia sighed and leaned back into the couch. Of course, the air was too thick. She could make sure of it in the winter.

Laksha came in and sat next to her. She handed each of them a plate and then proceeded to give them daal and chappatis.

When done she said, "Look at that, the same from five years ago." She smiled and started to eat the food.

Alia and Armaan did not reply.

********

Alia was in the lift with Laksha, who had decided that she had decided that since the both of them were to go down, they would ride together.
It seemed to have a double meaning but Alia shook out of it.

Laksha hit the stop button on the lift and turned to her and patted her head with love. "It feels so good to have you back. I was so hurt when you left without a reason. Then Arman said that you probably needed time and we made sure that you had it easy." Laksha sniffed a bit, "You scared me, don't ever think of leaving me like that." She shook her head as she told the young girl with stern eyes.

"You don't have to," Alia shook her head. Attachments would cause more hurt. She didn't need more. "Please—"

"Hush child," Laksha interrupted her, "I remember the day you came here. Looking so vulnerable and I could not help but take it upon myself to make sure that you would be okay at the lowest point in your life." She taped her chin lovingly.

She sighed and fixed Alia's hair. "Siddharth wanted to meet you too. I suppose I can say he was not happy but I made sure that he understood." She sighed again and stared at Alia, "Come soon for a dinner okay? After you settle in, I'll be waiting."

Well, what could she say to that? She just nodded. Whenever she settled in could be a long time and even her dog did. The good old German shepherd pup.

"I have a dog." She revealed. "A German shepherd."

Laksha laughed. "Bring him too. Siddharth would love him."

Laksha pressed the button and the lift started moving. "I missed you kid. Don't move without telling is again."
Saying so, she stepped out as soon as the lift opened to the ground floor.

Alia didn't follow her instead she pressed the button to the top floor. Laksha was treating her like a daughter in law and she and Arman had to seek things out before they got out of hand.

This story is going to exceed a hundred chapters

This story is going to exceed a hundred chapters. 😐