Meeting Peter Parker

My name is Alice, and currently I'm sixteen, almost seventeen. Even while I go to school, and make friends I have other...responsibilities. Yeah hi, I'm Spidergirl, and this is my origin story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "I'm not going to be late, first day of high school in New York City here I come." I said to myself as I ran through the busy streets of Queens, New York. I had just turned fifteen when this all happened, but it's still pretty fresh.

  "Excuse me!"

  "Sorry!"

  "Oops!"

  "Coming through!"

  "Oof, ouch!" I said as I felt my body collide with someone else's.

  "Oh my gosh are you alright, I'm so sorry. I-I wasn't watching where I was going and I."

  "No it's alright, I-I should have seen you...behind...me whatever, it's cool....I-I mean we're cool." The way he stumbled over his words made me giggle.

  "I'm Alice."

  "Peter." He smiled as I looked to the ground, my watch catching my eye.

  "I wish I could stick around, but I really have to get to school." I said, running again as I handed him a piece of paper with my number. Fresh start, new school, new home and I blow it with one of the thousands of teenagers in Queens, a cute one too. The wind was going through my hair as I ran through the halls towards the office, waiting to get my things. It took about an hour to get everything settled, and then they had someone called down to the office.

  "Alice this is Peter, he'll be showing you around." The words sent shock through me, enough to send a rhino into cardiac arrest.

  "Alice right.....the girl from this morning?" He laughed as I nodded, putting my headphones around my neck.

  "I'm sure you'll like it here, we'll be going on a field trip in about a week so I'm sure you'll be fine. He smiled at me, a genuine smile, causing me to blush and play with the button on my leather jacket.

  "By the way you can call me Pete if you want. That's what my friends call me."

  "Well then Pete, I guess I'm a friend then?" I laughed as it was his turn to blush.

  "What about you, any nicknames?"

  "Allie, that's what my mom used to call me." I said, forcing a smile as tears pricked my eyes.

  "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her?" He asked, gently nudging at the subject.

  "She was a police officer in L.A., where I used to live. One night she left for work, and about three hours later I got a call that she passed from a gunshot." I said, my hands moving around in my pockets.

  "I'm so sorry for asking I was just-"

  "Don't worry about it, I'm just trying to move on now." I smiled, a genuine smile as he smiled at me.

  "Who do you live with now?"

  "It's complicated, and I'm not really supposed to say." I said, rubbing up and down my right arm with my left hand.

  "It's alright, just curious." He said with a smile as we stopped at a door.

  "This is our third period, science." He grinned as I walked in. I'm going to skip the next week, it was pretty boring so it won't matter. Peter and I had become very close in that short time, his friend Ned was also a great friend to me.

  "Pete over here!" Ned yelled as Peter walked towards us, bag on his back.

  "Ready for the field trip Parker?" I asked teasingly as we stepped onto the bus, taking our seats in the back.

  "I'm ready."

  "Alice Barton?!" Mr.Harrington yelled through the bus as he called for attendance.

  "Shit." I muttered as I raised my hand.

  "Here!" I yelled as Peter looked at me, shock painted on his face.

  "You're-"

  "Please don't say anything Peter, I can't let everyone know who I am." I said, turning towards the window as I popped an earbud in. The ride was quiet as we rode through the city, taking in my surroundings through the window.

  "Here we have our bug exhibit, we just got a new beetle in today."

  "I HATE SPIDERS!" Peter said as I laughed, fear on his face as we walked through the exhibit. We walked through rather quickly, looking at all the different types of bugs. I stopped at a spider, it wasn't acting normal though.

  "E-excuse me ma'am, this spider, what kind is it?" I asked, looking at the unique red and blue coloring of it.

  "We aren't sure yet, we brought it in for research purposes." She said as I looked away, turning back and it wasn't there. I figured it probably just took cover with so many people, and it being so small. We continued to walk, Peter lagged behind a little. I stopped when I heard him yell a little.

  "Peter for god sake it's a spider, not a murderer." I said as I put it on my hand after it bit him.

  "It bit me, what if it kills me?!"

  "It won't kill you, but go clean it off and come back out, I'll put it back." I said as he nodded and I walked back over to the exhibit, examining it carefully.

  "Such curious creatures." I said to myself as it bit my index finger.

  "Not cool small dude." I said, brushing it into the container as I walked back, Peter meeting me there.

  "You good now Pete?" I asked as he shuttered.

  "Yep, perfect." He said as I laughed and we walked back to our class. My finger hurt, like it felt like something was changing and I didn't like it one bit. We all got on the bus an hour later, heading back to school before going home.

  "Jarvis I'm back." I said as I walked into the lounge area, plopping on the couch with my laptop.

  "Shall I let Mr.Barton know you've returned?" He asked in that British accent I had grown to love.

  "No, I'm leaving in a few hours so it's fine." I said as I started working on an essay we had due for history. I ended up falling asleep, my eyes too heavy to keep open, and boy when I woke up.