Family

"I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you'd told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I probably wouldn't have been surprised. But come on...Who knew what epic forces of dark and light would come into play? For better or worse, that's the reality our children get to grow up in. That's why I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting, in the case of...an untimely death on my part. I mean, death at any time is untimely, but...this "time travel" thing we're going to try to pull off tomorrow has me scratching my head about the "survivability" of it all. But that's the hero gig ,right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything is going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to. I love you 3000," the hologram message from Tony ended as I hugged all three kids in front of me close.

  "He loved you so much kiddo, you'll never know the day you were born he cried, and he almost wouldn't let the doctors take you from him," I smiled sadly at the memory as we walked toward the lake, placing the flowers down on the water as Pepper set the arc reactor afloat.

  "Gwen...you okay," Harley asked as I nodded. I had gotten to know him better in the few days I had stayed since the compound was my home...our home.

  "Yeah...you?"

  "As good as I can be," he sighed as I nodded, Peter standing with us as the three of us...the youngest Avengers stood on the dock, comforting each other.

  "Gwen you and the kids can come stay with us until you figure something out," May offered as she walked up behind us.

  "It's okay May...I'm staying here a bit, help with Morgan and Pepper helps with these two so we can help each other," I sighed as she nodded, hugging me.

  "Visit whenever you need," she said as Peter avoided eye contact, and I sighed, nodding.

  "Hey Gwen heads up," Steve shouted as he tossed something at me, not realizing until I caught it what it was...Mjolnir.

  "Well...I didn't think I could hold it," I laughed nervously as he smiled.

  "I did...let's head to the compound to return the stones," he said as Pepper nodded toward me.

  "I'll be back in two days tops I promise," I told Loki and Frigga as they nodded, and we were off.

  "Remember, you'll have to return the stones to the exact moment they were taken. Otherwise, we're still looking at a whole bunch of nasty alternate realities," I said as he nodded.

  "Got it. I'll clip all the branches," he said as I sighed.

  "You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet. I really tried to bring her back. I miss her," I said as he hugged me.

  "We all do."

  "Don't do anything stupid 'til I get back, okay," Steve said to Bucky after talking to Sam a few minutes.

  "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you," he smiled as I smiled at the two best friends as they hugged.

  "I'm going to wait over here for a minute," I said, walking over to the trees as I heard the swoosh of him disappearing, but not coming back.

  "Where is he," I asked angrily as Bucky pointed toward the lake.

  "He chose Peggy," Bucky said sadly as I looked away, closing my eyes.

  "Gwen?"

  "I'm fine I just...I thought he'd come back for us," I said as I walked over to him.

  "Gwen I'm sorry."

  "You did what you had to...but where's the suit," I asked as I heard footsteps behind me, everyone going silent.

  "Right here darling," I heard the familiar voice as I turned to see Loki, tears welling in my eyes as I ran to him, him picking me up as I hugged tightly.

  "Don't let go," I sobbed as he only got down on the ground.

  "I'll never let go again," he said as I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

  "How are you here," I asked as I met his eyes.

  "I went back to the day you said Thanos killed him and I told him what would happen...he let a clone take his place, Thanos killed it and he took the time suit back here," Steve said as he dug around his pocket, pulling out a necklace with a silver chain encasing an orange stone as he put it in my hand.

  "What is-"

  "The soul stone...I can't put back something that was rightfully taken, and I know you'll protect it," he said as I looked at Loki as he nodded.

  "With my life," I said, putting it around my neck as I felt a sudden surge of strength.

  "Wow that's got a punch," I said as he smiled, and Loki kissed me again.

  "You take good care of her Loki...she's worth every second of time," Steve smiled as I smiled back.

  "Oh my Gods...the kids!"

  "Kids...what kids," Loki asked as the five of us laughed.

  "You'll see," I said as he smiled down at me.

  "Let's go," I said, excitedly pulling him along as he chuckled, following behind as I took him to my motorcycle, which had somehow survived the battle.

  "Take this," I said, handing him my black helmet as he put it on his head.

  "Hold on," I smirked as I started the ignition, revving it before kicking up the kick stand and driving straight out of the makeshift lot toward Pepper's with Loki behind me. We stayed silent the entire ride, once or twice looking back to see Loki looking around.

  "Is this yours," he asked when we pulled into the driveway as I shook my head as the door opened and out ran our children, bright smiles on their faces as I picked them both up at once.

  "Mommy you're okay," Frigga said as I nodded, hugging them.

  "Loki...Frigga, I'd like you to meet your father," I said as Loki looked down at the small children, kneeling on one knee as they both looked at him oddly.

  "It's okay," I encouraged as my husband looked at me.

  "These are our children," he asked as if he was unsure as I nodded and Frigga walked up to him, her hand turning blue as it spread across her skin, his turning blue at the contact as his crimson eyes met hers and Loki did the same.

  "It will be terribly confusing to have two Loki's in the house," Loki smiled as I laughed and he hugged them.

  "We'll figure it out."

  "You always do," he sighed as Pepper and Morgan stepped out.

  "Gwen...and Loki," she said with a confused tone.

  "Mrs. Stark," he said respectfully as she stepped off the porch.

  "You treat her well, cause if not there will be hell to pay," she said as I shook my head.

  "I will," he said as he pulled me close to him.