I Know

Loki and I ended up getting an apartment in Queens, not far from Peter and May's, but Loki wanted me to finish high school, and to be honest I did too.

  "Loki where's my phone I'm going to be late," I yelled through the small apartment as he made toast for the kids who he was taking to preschool later.

  "It was in the bathroom darling, and you won't be late," he said as I walked into the bathroom, grabbing my phone from the counter as I checked my makeup one last time.

  "Okay...time to go," I sighed as I went to my room, grabbing my helmet.

  "Here's lunch, have a good day," he said as I kissed him.

  "I have to go to Stark Industries later for a meeting so I'll be home late," I said as he nodded and I walked out.

  "Be good kids, love you all," I said, shutting the door as I raced to the parking lot, getting on my bike and driving as quick as the speed limit allowed. Once I got to school I was actually early, fixing my hair as I saw Flash looking at me as I rolled my eyes.

  "Gwen Stacy...you look different," he said as I huffed, walking past him and to my locker.

  "What the hell are you doing here," Peter asked angrily as I opened my locker.

  "Finishing high school while I still can," I said as I grabbed my French book.

  "Got a problem Parker," I asked with a small smile as he looked at me in disbelief.

  "Why are you really here?"

  "I need to live Pete...while I'm still alive," I said as I saw the look in his eyes as I sighed, slinging my bag over my shoulder as I shut my locker and walked to class.

  "Miss Stacy are you paying attention," Mrs. Harris asked as I nodded.

  "Why don't you give us a sentence," she suggested as I shook my head slightly.

  "Pourquoi ne to concentres-tu pas sur tout le monde et pas sur mes fichues affaires," I smirked as she shook her head.

  "I know what I'm talking about...do you," I asked as she went to her desk, writing a paper.

  "Office, I'll have them call...never mind," she said as I stood up. 

  "No say it...who are they gonna call? Steve Rogers...no, no maybe Natasha Romanov...or perhaps Tony Stark, which one would you like to call Mrs. Harris cause they're all dead," I spat as she looked down, a sorry look on her face as I shook my head.

  "You know, I tried to help, but I was just a kid...don't make an empty threat you can't uphold," I said as I grabbed my things and walked out, the bell ringing seconds later as I walked to the locker room.

  "Gwen...you okay," Peter asked as I nodded in the gym, getting ready for the fitness tests.

  "Yeah..just still trying to get through," I said as he nodded.

  "For 'just a kid' you were pretty badass on the field," he laughed as I smiled.

  "Look, I know we aren't like we used to be, but can we at least still be friends," I asked with a sad sigh as he nodded.

  "I miss us...but I know you're happy and that's all that matters," he said as I looked at him with a faint smile.

  "I promise...I never meant to hurt you Peter I swear."

  "I know that...but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," he said, his brown eyes locking with mine as I saw the sadness in them.

  "I'm sorry Peter I-"

  "Alrighty everyone get on the line and we'll start with the pacer test," Mr. Wilson called as he blew his whistle and we walked over to the line. Even before I got my powers I was athletic and fast so hiding my powers was not hard to do when it came to fitness test day.

  "Miss Stacy you gonna keep your record or break it this year," he asked with a smile as I smirked.

  "Break it of course sir," I said as he patted me on the back before going to start the pacer test as it started slowly, and eventually I was one of five left, all the girls out besides me and Brad, Flash, Peter, Danny and I left as Flash stopped.

  "Seventy-four," the video called as I sped up, meeting the line as it switched, Brad and I the only ones left now as it reached eighty.

  "Give up Gwen, I'll beat you every time," he smirked as I laughed.

  "Never," I said, hardly breaking a sweat as I continued on, Brad starting to fall behind the numbers getting higher and higher.

  "One hundred and fifty," it called as I decided to stop, pretending to be done as Mr. Wilson smiled.

  "Best this year, actually that's a new record," he laughed as I smiled.

  "Well what can I say...I'm fantastic," I smirked as we all made our way to the ropes.

  "Who's up first," he asked as I raised my hand.

  "That's the spirit Stacy," he said as I walked up to the mat, lining up with Cindy as she smiled at me, she was always so nice to everyone so of course I smiled back as the whistle blew and I started up the rope. I didn't take long to get to the top, being Spidergirl and all but as I was coming down my spider-sense went berserk, giving me an instant headache as I lost my grip on the rope, falling ten feet to the floor as I screamed, covering my ears as all the lights started to flicker, and when Peter went to come up to me a wave of electricity shot him back against the nearest wall.

  "Peter," Ned said worriedly as he ran to his best friend and my closed eyes opened wide as I saw the events of the day we fought Thanos for the last time go through my head, the day of Tony's funeral, and when we returned the stones, but Loki wasn't there.

  "Oh my god," one of the girls gasped as I felt myself going back to normal, looking down as I saw my suit starting to cover me, closing my eyes again as flashes of my past ran through my head until I felt a sharp pain in my arm and I sat up, gasping for air as I looked around to see myself in a cell.

  "Why didn't you tell us sooner," Ross asked in an annoyed tone as I looked around, seeing electricity running around the walls in rainbows of color.

  "I didn't think it was this bad," I said as I sat up, pulling the needles and wires from my arms as I turned so my legs dangled off the table.

  "Well we did make one discovery," he sighed as I looked at him, wanting to know anything.

  "It's only been a few weeks since you snapped us all back into reality, but you have ever so small fragments of the stones inside you, part of you," he said as I looked over at Fury who was standing outside the cell room.

  "How is that even possible?"

  "We have no idea...but it's dangerous for you to be out there," Ross said as he handcuffed me to the table and I instantly broke them.

  "I'm not staying in here with my kids and my husband out there...not happening, besides I have an important press conference with Spiderman as the leader of Stark Industries thanks to Tony," I said as I slipped my boots back on.

  "Look, we don't know what you saw while you were under, but it's dangerous to have you roaming the streets running on little to no sleep, going back to school tomorrow and running an entire Industry as a twenty-two-year-old woman."

  "I know what I'm doing...and trust me I'm not just some normal woman, I'm Spidergirl," I said as I put my sunglasses on, walking out.