Soulmate

It's been a year since Anna was born and I was still working on figuring out how to fix the multi-verse. I had tried so much and nothing was working, and caring for a baby and all the teens even with help was stressful in itself and I was trying my best.

  "We've tried channeling the time stone, we've tried portals, chemicals, spells and gadgets...there's nothing else we can try," Peter stressed as I sighed, looking at the files as Anna played with my necklace, letting out small noises as I tried to think.

  "Tony would know what to do, he always knew what to do," I said as he sighed, it was honestly hard to not think about Tony when we messed with gadgets and things, and Morgan and Pepper being around felt normal but we thought about him everyday.

  "Yeah, but he's not here and you were his right hand girl so what would Tony do at this point? Think like a Stark."

  "Go back through the options, see if we missed something and modify the plan until something works," I said, remembering his exact words when we were building something.

  "Then that's what we do," he smiled, kissing my forehead as I smiled back.

  "Hey Peter," I questioned as I thought about everything we had tried as he hummed in return.

  "We didn't try to use the reality and time stone at the same time...actually if I combine all the powers I have from each stone...that would work," I said as he shook his head, giving me a worried look as he bit his bottom lip.

  "It could also kill you in the process," he said as I gave him a knowing look he knew so well by now.

  "It may be the only way to get them all home and even Strange said if they're here much longer every part of the multi-verse will shatter. That's something I won't risk."

  "And I'm not risking you, that's out of the question," he said as I sighed.

  "What if there was a way to extract the stones from you and channel them?"

  "You would have to figure out how to then we would have to find a way to channel them, sending each of them back to their universe," he said as I nodded and he gently took Anna from me, walking out as I made a call.

  "What are chances of survival either option," I asked Doctor Strange later that night as he thought for a moment.

  "It would be less dangerous to have you channel the stones than to extract them because even if you survive the extraction, which is an extremely low chance there will be beings from all over the multi-verse and our universe coming for them so you'd have to destroy them all over again," he said as I looked around, thinking about having to relive the battle we almost lost, losing many in the process.

  "What is the percentage of me living by channeling the stones for their individual powers?"

  "5% at most...it's a slim chance but there is a chance, and I will warn you that you'll lose all you abilities after that if not all then most but that's only if you survive," he said as I nodded, trying to think in the moment but I was too stressed to think.

  "Alright...I'll think about it for now...I'll get back to you in a couple days on my choice and we'll go from there," I said as he nodded, disappearing through one of his portals as I heard footsteps.

  "Who's up this late," I asked as I turned to see Morgan smiling at me.

  "Hey kiddo, what are you doing up," I asked as she shrugged, she looked more and more like Tony every day and since she and Pepper were staying to help out for a while I was used to seeing her up late.

  "Will you tuck me in," she asked as I nodded, picking her up as I carried her to the elevator and to her room as I laid her in bed.

  "Gwen can I ask you something," she asked quietly as I pulled the blanket over her as she settled in.

  "Anything Morgan you know that," I said as she gave me a curious look.

  "What's a soulmate," she asked as I looked at her with slight shock before smiling.

  "A soulmate? Well a soulmate is someone you love so much that you would do anything to protect or save them...no matter what happens to you in the process, and even if something happened between you there would always be a way that you find each other and fall in love again," I smiled as she smiled back.

  "Like you and Peter," she asked as I looked at her, letting out a small laugh.

  "I guess so huh," I said as she giggled.

  "Peter's your soulmate just like daddy was mommy's," she said as I nodded.

  "You're a smart cookie Morgs," I said as she smiled again.

  "Just like your dad," I said quietly before kissing her head and shutting her light off before going to my own room to see Peter on his phone as I smiled at him.

  "Morgan says your my soulmate," I said as I slipped my clothes off, putting on a simple nightgown before slipping under the covers.

  "Oh really," he laughed as I nodded, our eyes meeting as he shut his phone off, setting it aside.

  "She compared us to Tony and Pepper, that's a high praise," I said as he smiled, looking at me lovingly.

  "Yeah, it is."

  "I love you Peter," I said, cuddling close as I pressed my face flush against his bare chest, closing my eyes.

  "I love you too Gwen...my soulmate."